RSS News Feed NEV deal to buy Saab delayed - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > SAAB Corporate News

SAAB Corporate News For corporate news strictly about SAAB & NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd August 2012
SaabCentral News Bot

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: Everything Saab!
Post NEV deal to buy Saab delayed

Filed under: Europe, Government/Legal, Saab, Earnings/Financials

Remember a month and a half ago when we told you that Saab will "soldier on?" Well, we should have written "stand at attention."

According to SaabsUnited, the deal for National Electric Vehicle Sweden to buy the remaining Saab assets didn't close on schedule. In fact, it's been delayed by "a month, perhaps more." NEVS also seems to have indicated that it's not going to be answering any more questions about the deal until it's completed.

NEVS is supposedly planning on building electric cars based on the design that would have been the next-generation 9-3. The company itself is a partnership between a Chinese energy company and a Japanese investment group.NEV deal to buy Saab delayed originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd August 2012

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 2.0T

I don't know how anyone holds optimism for this calamity. The Swedish government has made the wrong choice. I can't help but think production would've already started with another company.
Old 3rd August 2012
SaabNut!

Join Date: Aug 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2001 9-5 LPT Manual
Garage

agreed^
Old 5th August 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear

Face it: SAAB is dead. Everyone handling the bankruptcy has made the wrong choice all along. SAAB should have gone to either Youngman or Mahindra, or should have done more to provoke more than a passing interest from that "large Munich-based German car manufacturer."
Old 5th August 2012

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: currently looking for a classic 900!!!!!

Some people are still conceding saab could be sold to a "real" car company.It hasn't really been owned it's whole life by a "real"car company.In my opinion,the classic 900 was the last "real" saab.Everything else under the name seems to have been disappointment after disappointment.Saab lost it's competitiveness after the classic 900.Then again they've always used mishmashed engines and such from other companies.So I really don't see saab ever being what they once were or else they would have been more competitive.Granted gm shares some of the blame,but gm has always thought they knew best and everyone else was wrong.Case in point, five shuttered car companies that they were in charge of,so to say it was all those companies fault gm shuttered them is idiotic.So I guess my point is the classic 900 and saab's before it have and will always be classic's enjoy them as long as you can.
Old 5th August 2012

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefever View Post
Some people are still conceding saab could be sold to a "real" car company.It hasn't really been owned it's whole life by a "real"car company.In my opinion,the classic 900 was the last "real" saab.Everything else under the name seems to have been disappointment after disappointment.Saab lost it's competitiveness after the classic 900.Then again they've always used mishmashed engines and such from other companies.So I really don't see saab ever being what they once were or else they would have been more competitive.Granted gm shares some of the blame,but gm has always thought they knew best and everyone else was wrong.Case in point, five shuttered car companies that they were in charge of,so to say it was all those companies fault gm shuttered them is idiotic.So I guess my point is the classic 900 and saab's before it have and will always be classic's enjoy them as long as you can.
Saab wouldn't of existed at all if not for GM. They were tanking before they even came in the picture.
Old 5th August 2012

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: currently looking for a classic 900!!!!!

maybe it would've been better that way.....
Old 11th August 2012
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2008 Saab 93T and 2011 Saab 9-5
Smile Maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefever View Post
You might be right about the classic 900 being the last real SAAB, whatever this means. However, I have to say that in my humble estimation, I infinitely prefer my 9-3 SAAB over the classic.
Philosophicaldreamer, Saab 9-5(MY 2011) -->Saab 9-3Combi (MY 2008:In quirkiness I trust)-->1984 Volvo 245-->1989 Volvo 740-->1994 Volvo 964-->1998 Volvo V90-->Volvo S70-->1998 SAAB 900SE-->[COLOR=blue]2001 Volvo XC70
Sponsored Links
Advertisement