Why do you have to run Stage 3 with BSR/Taliaferro DP? - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2nd August 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 2.0T JZW Stage 5 E85
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
Are you pleased with the performance of the JZW tune. I was talking to John yesterday and was telling him about my BSR tune and how in this hot weather(I'm in Texas also) it just loses so much power and if he could fix that with his tune. do you see the loss of power in this 100 degree heat at highway speeds say between 60-80 when you're pegged on boost and your acceleration drops way off? I'm seriously thinking about his stg3 e85 tune to try and fix this power loss issue.
you at least have a front mount right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2nd August 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T JZW Stg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
Are you pleased with the performance of the JZW tune. I was talking to John yesterday and was telling him about my BSR tune and how in this hot weather(I'm in Texas also) it just loses so much power and if he could fix that with his tune. do you see the loss of power in this 100 degree heat at highway speeds say between 60-80 when you're pegged on boost and your acceleration drops way off? I'm seriously thinking about his stg3 e85 tune to try and fix this power loss issue.
it actually runs pretty well in the heat even with the stock IC. Of course with a new FMIC it will definitely work better with heat soak, I don't notice THAT much difference. Now, on the rare occasion is it cool and not humid outside (make that very rare), the car is a different machine entirely

altitude, however, kills the performance

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - JB+ & Alpina TCU Flash
Old 2nd August 2012

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabMick View Post
I should add though that some people actually were able to run the downpipe untuned without a CEL for a little while. I believe it eventually tripped though.
I ran my car for a week without a CEL, it seemed to run very rich though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement