Paul Olivers Build Thread, 04 Vector - Page 9 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th July 2011

Join Date: May 2011                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3 2.0t Vector Conv.
Garage

Looking as good as ever Paul!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12th July 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 93 2.2tid Vector Sport

My enclosure is finished, apart from needing to source some decent speaker wire. Bit of a shame that the carpet doesnt match nicely but not to worry!

Side by side with the original lining:

Turned out alright, subs a bit smoother/deeper sounding now i have some polyfill in there

Will get photos of it in there once i fit the new wire and tidy my boot up!
04 Saab 9-3 2.2 TID Vector Sport. 6K dips, 3K projector fogs, LED sides, Nav, Aero Leather, Boston S35 dash, Fli rear, Infinity doors, JL sub, hidden park sensors, pressed plates, full LED interior lights, black badges, M5 window spoiler, 08+ bridge spoiler, colour coded bump strips, washers and nav fin, Aero front splitter, Duplex straight through exhaust
Old 14th August 2011

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3
Garage

Car looks slick - so tidy! I look here for ideas on what to do to my car haha!
Old 14th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Thanks! Its comments like this that encourage me to do more things!

Update on the car...nothing has happened recently, apart from a meet and greet driver at the airport managed to ram my splitter into the ground, awaiting getting a full respray on the splitter and bumper!

I return to uni in a months time, so some interesting LED action should be happening
04 Saab 9-3 2.2 TID Vector Sport. 6K dips, 3K projector fogs, LED sides, Nav, Aero Leather, Boston S35 dash, Fli rear, Infinity doors, JL sub, hidden park sensors, pressed plates, full LED interior lights, black badges, M5 window spoiler, 08+ bridge spoiler, colour coded bump strips, washers and nav fin, Aero front splitter, Duplex straight through exhaust
Old 15th August 2011

Join Date: Aug 2011                                                
My Saabs: steel grey 9-3 vector sport 150bhp
Garage

what headlight bulbs do you have they look awesome? my 9-3 is the same color but with different alloys, uve gave me a lot of ideas m8 keep up the good work

Old 15th August 2011

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3
Garage

I bought some phillips HID look headlights, nothing special - not real HIDS, but they pass MOTs easy, direct light correctly and look just as good! There a good improvement on standard too! 12 month warranty too!
Old 15th August 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero

I must say, that is probably the best color on our saabs.
Old 16th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmo7 View Post
what headlight bulbs do you have they look awesome? my 9-3 is the same color but with different alloys, uve gave me a lot of ideas m8 keep up the good work

They are 6k HID bulbs, just a cheap 35w kit off ebay Last time i looked they were under 30 posted which is about how much 2 decent halogen bulbs will cost anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianG View Post
I must say, that is probably the best color on our saabs.
Yup, this or white (Loochys being the best example i think!)
Old 26th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

No news from the buggers who damaged my splitter....looks like i will have to respray it myself AGAIN! Not to worry

Not alot has happened recently to the car, i haven't been able to drive it much due to having a herniated disc in my back

Whilst crippled i did some easy stuff to my car Made a new gear gaitor, did it to the exact dimensions of the original...but it looks bigger which is weird, but still it looks 100x neater than my old one! (my finger is on the gearknob as i had not bonded it back on at that point)

Also carbon wrapped the little black insert on the gearknob, small detail but i like it! Rear door handles have finally been wrapped too!

The silver insert with the gear pattern is next on the list to sort, its quite scuffed so will have a fresh coat of silver, and i am hoping to colour in the indented pattern part...it probably wont work but its worth a try!

Whilst my painkillers have been kicking in, i have been silly and lifted heavy stuff... i have been making a heavy duty engine crane and load leveller from recycled steel, awaiting some parts to arrive and to find some last bits of metal to finish it! Although not quite Saab related (yet...) i thought some may appreciate some fabrication

Old 10th July 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Sep 2011                                                
My Saabs: 03' 9 BCB Stage 2
Garage

are all of your speakers connected to an aftermarket amp?
Old 11th July 2012
Saab Lunatic

No, they all run off the standard amps. The amped 6x9s I added on the parcel shelf never sounded right (even after disconnecting the tweeter to make them into just woofers) so I just ditched them. Only my sub is amped currently.
Old 29th August 2012
Saab Lunatic

It's been a while since I really touched my car, it's gotten pretty shabby and unloved looking it's time I did something about it! I'll update with my progress if anybodys interested

To start with the splitter was torn yet again and has worn through I several places from scraping, bumper had a few spiderwebs in the paint from pigeon impacts....

Spare old bumper that I never got round to finishing (fairly split in places), car looks pretty rad...

Prepped splitter with base coat

Prepped bumper with primer

Hoping to get them both sanded down again tomorrow ready for a proper top coat, then several coats of lacquer to make them super shiny.

Also need some vac solenoids as mine have died eurgh...
Old 29th August 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero 2.8t
Garage

Awesome! I wish I had the space to be able to even attempt to paint mine.

Better put up some after and all clean pictures.
Old 29th August 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 2.0T
Garage

Paul, ur always painting something on your 9-3 :]
At least u know how to and can do all this stuff! Looking good!
BSR Stage 3; GS 3" DP; 2.5" BSR Exhaust; Mishimoto FMIC-Custom Piping; Optiflow; 18x8 Black O.Z. Ultralegeras - 235/40-18 NITTO INVO; KONI Yellow; H&R; Goodridge Lines; Motul RBF600; R1 Rotors; 10K 55W; 35% Tint; Roof Spoiler; CF Spoiler;
Old 15th December 2012
Saab Lunatic

Been a while since I have been on here! The colour I had mixed for the bumper was mixed incorrectly unfortunately, so it looks like crap right now I let the car get dirty so it's less noticeable. Had some douchebag reverse into my drivers wing and leave a few dents, and another douche hit my rear bumper, so really the whole front end could do with a blow over (rear just needs the bump strip resprayed), I will see how money, time and love for the car goes...haha!

I just found some LED strips that I got off ebay a while back for a uni robot project but I didn't get round to using them. I linked one up to a 9v battery to see what they could look like on the car. I'm not totally convinced about them, I fear they may look a little too try hard like those fellas who zip tie a million to the front of thier cars and end up looking like they have rigged up christmas lights. These certainly look better than the strips with a million little leds but i'm not sure they work with my car...

Also please ignore the dieing pink headlight bulbs (new HID kit is in the post).

Thoughts?
Old 15th December 2012

My Saabs: SAAB 93 2008 TTDI SPORT

Keep up the good work your post is giving people ideas
Old 16th December 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T JZW Stg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOliver View Post
Been a while since I have been on here! The colour I had mixed for the bumper was mixed incorrectly unfortunately, so it looks like crap right now I let the car get dirty so it's less noticeable. Had some douchebag reverse into my drivers wing and leave a few dents, and another douche hit my rear bumper, so really the whole front end could do with a blow over (rear just needs the bump strip resprayed), I will see how money, time and love for the car goes...haha!

I just found some LED strips that I got off ebay a while back for a uni robot project but I didn't get round to using them. I linked one up to a 9v battery to see what they could look like on the car. I'm not totally convinced about them, I fear they may look a little too try hard like those fellas who zip tie a million to the front of thier cars and end up looking like they have rigged up christmas lights. These certainly look better than the strips with a million little leds but i'm not sure they work with my car...

Also please ignore the dieing pink headlight bulbs (new HID kit is in the post).

Thoughts?
I think they are too small to look right. I'm really interested in trying to find a EL strip like the newer 9-3 used. I think it looks better than the individual LEDs (which is what I have now)

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - JB+ & Alpina TCU Flash
Old 25th May 2013
Saab Lunatic

So after over 3 years of owning my Saab, the clutch has finally gone and therefore the car is now off the road ready to be broken for spares as its not financially viable to repair it anymore. I'll be sad to see it go but it's time is up

Thank you everybody for your positive comments about the car, this has been a very good forum with some great help and I hope I have left some useful how to guides for people to use If anybody in the UK wants any parts then PM me and i'll give you a price!
Old 25th May 2013
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: '06 9-3 2.0T, '79 900 turbo

Im sorry to hear that paul. I have a steel grey too and I always loved what you did to the yours. Looking at pictures of yours made me buy an aero lip. Hate to see it go.
Old 25th May 2013
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T JZW Stg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOliver View Post
So after over 3 years of owning my Saab, the clutch has finally gone and therefore the car is now off the road ready to be broken for spares as its not financially viable to repair it anymore. I'll be sad to see it go but it's time is up

Thank you everybody for your positive comments about the car, this has been a very good forum with some great help and I hope I have left some useful how to guides for people to use If anybody in the UK wants any parts then PM me and i'll give you a price!

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - JB+ & Alpina TCU Flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement