9-3's with spacer pictures please!.. - Page 3 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero JZW Tuned
Garage

hey the 15-25 combo is just perfect but 2 questions handling better? or worse? also does anyone have 15-15 setup i want to order this now cause it make thes car look so sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th June 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: 6spd Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsaabaero View Post
hey the 15-25 combo is just perfect but 2 questions handling better? or worse? also does anyone have 15-15 setup i want to order this now cause it make thes car look so sweet!

its hard to tell cause I put them on the same time as the coilovers. But overall the handling is a lot better then stock
d2 Coils
Old 5th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2010                                                
My Saabs: STG5 REV-1 '06 Aero SC 6spd
Garage

I've done both 15-15 and 15-25, and honestly do not FEEL a noticeable difference between the two. I see a noticeable difference because now both front and rear are perfectly flush
Old 5th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: '06 & '07 93 AERO

can i get conformation on the stock bolt lengths?

i've seen the threads saying the stock bolts are 26mm (out dated threads) and i also did just a quick measure, getting 26mm (but not going to trust this quick attempt), i just want conformation before ordering. so 26mm stock bolts + 15mm front spacers will = 41mm bolts, correct? (i know the math is correct i just want to make sure the lengths are all correct.)

and where did you guys but your bolts from? I've come across a few sites and the one I'm leaning towards has 40mm bolts, which i will used for the fronts, but 27mm bolts, that i was going to use for the rears. will that extra 1mm make that much of a difference? i know i can just get 26mm bolts, but i can't find them in the style that i want, only 27mm.

thanks!
Old 5th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Garage

That's what I went with, I think I might have actually done 40mm bolts. What are you trying to do? I'm confused by the proposal of 27mm in the rear...
Old 5th June 2012

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero V6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom55 View Post
Their you go , 15mm front and 25 rear is the best combo for looks.

Hey Venom.....by chance could you link us to the specific spacer kits? Ive search on a few sites and Eibach makes the size spacers for several manufactures. I just want to be sure exactly which kit to get so I dont order the wrong ones.

Thx man.

Diggin the look on stockers. Looks real clean
Old 5th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabMick View Post
That's what I went with, I think I might have actually done 40mm bolts. What are you trying to do? I'm confused by the proposal of 27mm in the rear...
the H&R spacer in the front are "DR" which means your need new/longer bolts, which will go through the spacers and mount up to your stock hub (needing the 41mm bolts). where as the rears are "DRA" which means the spacers are mounted to your hub with the included bolts and you then use your stock 26mm bolts to connect your wheel to the spacer.

the 27mm was because the new bolts i am looking at only come in 27mm and not 26mm and was curious if the extra 1mm is "unsafe"
Old 6th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Gotcha yes I'm very aware of the differences, as I actually have both DR and DRA spacers installed on my car at this very moment. I was just curious why you were looking at new bolts for the rear since they are not required with the DRA setup which uses your stock bolts. The extra 1 mm shouldn't be a problem, but since the DRA setup clocks the wheel bolt bores to locations which they cannot pass through the hub, it would be a concern for longer bolts as they could go through the spacer and butt up against the hub. But 1mm is so minor I don't think it'll be an issue, but then again it's your money!
Old 6th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabMick View Post
Gotcha yes I'm very aware of the differences, as I actually have both DR and DRA spacers installed on my car at this very moment. I was just curious why you were looking at new bolts for the rear since they are not required with the DRA setup which uses your stock bolts. The extra 1 mm shouldn't be a problem, but since the DRA setup clocks the wheel bolt bores to locations which they cannot pass through the hub, it would be a concern for longer bolts as they could go through the spacer and butt up against the hub. But 1mm is so minor I don't think it'll be an issue, but then again it's your money!
Yea, wasn't doubting your knowledge, just filling in the info since the post was kind of vague. The reason I was looking at new bolts rather then just reusing the stock bolts, was because the stock ones are all completely rusted and I just had my wheels reprinted. so the "orange" of the rust really stands out with the white wheels and I was looking at some Bolts that were a "blue neon", so they would flow better with the car, since it's fusion blue with white wheels.
Old 6th June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Oh I see, yeah even after buying new black lug bolts for the 15mm spacers they started to rust. I ended up buying the covers for 11 bucks and have had them on there without any issues for over a year now.
Old 21st June 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2011                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3 Arc, man tranny, BCB stg2
Garage

been 6 full business days since I ordered my eibach 15/25 setup. Oh spacers why thou' have to be ordered from the manufacturer and can take 7 to 14 business days to ship? Why!! I'm tempted to cancel.
Old 22nd June 2012

Join Date: May 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T VTuned

I know earlier in this thread someone mentioned that 25mm spacers in the front will make the wheels stick out farther than the wheel well, but i was wondering if anyone has actually had 25mm spacers in the front and back?
Old 23rd June 2012

Join Date: Jun 2011                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 2.8t Maptun aero sportcombi

Some pics of mine with 16mm front/25mm rear spacers.... wheels are 18x8 with 235/18/40 tyres, rolled rear arches... 1.75 degrees negative camber front, 1.9 negative camber rear, dropped on H&R coilovers. i think this is about as much as i can get away with without it starting to look a bit daft....

Old 23rd June 2012
SaabNut!

Join Date: Dec 2011                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 2.8T aero (2006) JZW Stage 3+

now that is nice

have you got the link to where you bought yours from as i cant seem to find a uk source for these
Old 23rd June 2012

What is it you're having trouble sourcing mate?..... the spacers?... or did you mean something else?..
Old 23rd June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: '09 Turbo4 9 SS, '08 Turbo4 9 SC
Garage

silverdevil, you rolled your rear arches???
Old 23rd June 2012

Yes, why do you ask?.... i found that on the motorway/highway at speed and when the suspension is asked to compress over some of the larger bumps it was rubbing quite severely on the outside of the tyre wall..... i thought about adding more - camber but decided i did'nt want to be spending my hard earnt cash on tyres every 6 months... now it does'nt rub at all and i can finally get some bbs lm which i've wanted for ages!.....and maybe go a little lower at the rear...
Old 23rd June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdevill View Post
Yes, why do you ask?.... i found that on the motorway/highway at speed and when the suspension is asked to compress over some of the larger bumps it was rubbing quite severely on the outside of the tyre wall..... i thought about adding more - camber but decided i did'nt want to be spending my hard earnt cash on tyres every 6 months... now it does'nt rub at all and i can finally get some bbs lm which i've wanted for ages!.....and maybe go a little lower at the rear...
How did you roll them? Professionally? It looks pretty subtle.
Old 23rd June 2012

Yes they were professionally done by an extremely good body shop... cost me quite a bit too.....
Old 23rd June 2012
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdevill View Post
Yes they were professionally done by an extremely good body shop... cost me quite a bit too.....

Any side profile shots looking back to front or vice versa?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement