RSS News Feed Saab victorious in inaugural Swedish Touring Car race - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > SAAB Corporate News

SAAB Corporate News For corporate news strictly about SAAB & NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 16th May 2012
SaabCentral News Bot

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: Everything Saab!
Post Saab victorious in inaugural Swedish Touring Car race

Filed under: Motorsports, Sedan, Videos, Saab, Racing

The sequel to Frankenstein is being written in Swedish, by Saab. The ostensibly former car company could teach the good doctor about life after death, having earned itself more good news by winning the inaugural race of the Swedish Touring Car series. Team Tidö's black 9-3 racer was on pole and carried that lead all the way to the checkered flag. Driving it was Linus Ohlsson, whose past triumphs include taking third in the 2011 Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia series.

Just to be clear, all the cars in the series are silhouette racers, with Saab, Volvo, BMW and Citroën bodies placed over a spec chassis. Still, it was the body with the Griffin badge that beat the rest, and we all know Saab's faithful could use something to cheer about these days. Scroll down for a video recap of the race; it's in Swedish, so hit the CC button for English subtitles if you need 'em.Continue reading Saab victorious in inaugural Swedish Touring Car race

Saab victorious in inaugural Swedish Touring Car race originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 16 May 2012 09:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd May 2012
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: '96 900S, Automatic with 148K miles, blu

Something like our NASCAR.....so utterly silly....
173K miles in the good ole USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29th May 2012

Join Date: Feb 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2001 saab 9-5 hot aero

love it! well done saab!
Old 30th May 2012
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 280-XWD Aero & a 2.0 XWD
Default Rules?

Is there a link in English to the rules? I remember seeing a pic of a tubular chassis (not much else), that looked like it was one fit all. How about the motor was that Saab or Saab based even, what print there was, was a bit on the vague side.

A few years late at any rate, I was so "PO'd" that I could not watch the "8" racing with the Beemers and Holdens for more than a few minutes, knowing we should have had at least a "limited" token entry (FIS used to be a 100 for sale), and Beemer whizzes away that much at their model introductory fandango parties.

Advertisement