sunroof leak - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Classic 900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible > Saab Classic 900 Workshop
Saab Classic 900 Workshop Classic Saab 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 18-03-12
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: 1990 Taledage Red SPG, 2008 Turbo X 6sp
Default sunroof leak

Ive been doing the search thing but coming up empty. How do I change the sunroof seal? Do I have to remove the sunroof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-03-12
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2008                                                
My Saabs: '86 900 8V

Yes. It is fixed with bunch of screws that are holding metal stripe over the rubber from the inside. Mine is manual, not sure if there is some difference on electric though.
You do not need to change the seal (unless it is teared) if you have sunroof leaks...
Old 18-03-12
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2x LPT convertible's, 1 x 900 SE

why do you say your sunroof is leaking?? is it leaking water into the car around the inside cut out?? I don't think they are ever 100% once a few years old
if yes it's probably one or more of your drain holes that are blocked, but usually the front ones, as the water should run of into the channel and then either out the front two holes(open roof and look into front corners of recess if not familiar with there location,) and the other two drain out the back, nad down inner wings I believe.
The front ones go down the screen door cololm,ad drain out in to the front wheel arch I think.
A thick bass guitar string poked down there will usually free and crap and be realeased out the bootom then just put some water down the hole and should pour out ok
leak could vary with parking...........
if fronts are blocked and you are facing downhill and it rains, and holes are blocked leak onto seat if facing uphill possibly no leak as backs are probably clear, or even when parked on camber of road if the one side is blocked near curb leak onto seat,, just think about when you get a leak and where it's parked and how, might help diagnose which one(if one) is blocked
Old 20-03-12
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Dec 2002                                                
My Saabs: 07 9-5 Combi, 99 9-3 Viggen, 85 900 SPG

Open the sunroof about 1/3 Remove the philips head screws along the front edge that holds the plastic strip with headliner material on. This is also holding on the painted sunroof panel.

You may need to open or close the roof slightly, but you can pull just the painted upper panel upwards and forwards to remove it. The rear is held on by 2 tabs that slip under 2 metal wire spring thingers.

You then unscrew a forward and reverse underpanel. This will allow the weatherstrip to come off.

How many sunroof seals are still in stock? I thought I bought number 6 and 4 last year.

you can see the tabs on the bottom of this pic.

Old 20-03-12
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: 1990 Taledage Red SPG, 2008 Turbo X 6sp

I say its leaking because I have stains all around my sunroof and it was moist last time I check. Its hard to really tell now because I always park my car in the garage but last time I remember it was deffinetly moist. I'll check the drainage holes and see how that goes.
Old 21-03-12
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2008                                                
My Saabs: '86 900 8V

Quote:
I'll check the drainage holes and see how that goes.
that should work for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement