SaabCentral Forums banner

Rear Camber Issue on my 06 Wagon

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I figure seeing how I am not the only one who has had the rear camber issue with our 9-5 wagon I would share how I am going about trying to solve it.

Here is a diagram of our rear suspension.
View attachment 26887

My rear suspension still seems to be fine, so I am going to milk the rear shocks and springs for another year at least. Doing that though still leaves me with the rear camber issue, and how best to go about fixing it before I put on new tires. I spoke with my shop(Ellis Imports) and they informed me they have seen this issue on multiple wagons they have tried all sorts of solutions, from new shocks and srpings, shims etc...

What they learned from calling around is that the source of the camber issue is not the springs or shocks, but seems to be the rear steering knuckle bushings wearing out. So I had my shop replace the rear steering knuckle bushings, and then had an alignment done. The result was I got really close, but as others have found out my car will still need the shims. My car is still out .5° on the left rear, and still out .6° on the left rear. I will use a .6mm shim on each side to fix the issue before I get my next set of all seasons in a few months.

A side note I found out my right front is out .4°, so I will need to get the Front Suspention Bolts also.

See less See more
#4 ·
The rear bushings I am referring to as the rear knuckle steering bushings are #12.

To fix the rear camber on my wagon. My first attempt is to replace the rear knuckle steering bushings, and use shims. Maybe this will help others maybe not.

Seems to have resolved the rear camber issue on my car. Many ways to do something, just sharing what seems to have worked for me.

As for the front I will need go with the bolt mod. Which has nothing to do with the rear.

#5 ·
The rear bushings I am referring to as the rear knuckle steering bushings are #12.

To fix the rear camber on my wagon. My first attempt is to replace the rear knuckle steering bushings, and use shims. Maybe this will help others maybe not.

Seems to have resolved the rear camber issue on my car. Many ways to do something, just sharing what seems to have worked for me.

As for the front I will need go with the bolt mod. Which has nothing to do with the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.