DIY: Boost Gauge Install - 2.8T 93 AERO - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2010
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan
Default DIY: Boost Gauge Install - 2.8T 93 AERO

Did this today as it seems we have info for the 2.0T install and just pics for the 2.8T. So I documented it on my 2.8T.

DISCLAIMER:
I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR CAR OR WHAT YOU BREAK!

Parts:
Boost Gauge $40 (ebay Glowshift). This gauge lights up 7 different colors and matches the green from the green dash pretty good.

Pillar Pod $25 (ebay Glowshift). This is a universal one that came in black.

Tools:
10mm socket
3/8" drive extension
3/8" Rachet
knife (exactoknife works well)
Zip ties
Vacuum Line
Misc. wire and connectors
Wire crimpers
Wire coat hanger...lol (I will explain this)

Lets Start.....

First pop the hood and pull the engine cover off. Disconnect your battery for safety. If you do not know how to do this, than this install is more than you can handle at this point. Once pulled locate the ECU on the back of the manifold.

Once located you need to disconnect the ECU plug and this other plug.

Once those are out of the way, you should be looking at this vacuum line. This vacuum line comes off the back of the manifold.

Unplug it at the manifold. There is a grey button on the side of the connector. Push it and pull the connector off. Becareful doing this as my vacuum line was made of plastic and it break if forced too much.

I cut the plastic line with a hacksaw. Don't worry if you bought some vacuum hose first!

After cutting the hose carefully, take the knife and carefully cut away the outer hose of the vacuum line on both ends.

Now time for the hard part. Running the line through the firewall. Climb under the dash and remove the on torxs screw holding the black under panel up.

Pull it down to reveal the under parts of the dash. Look to your top left on the firewall from inside the car and see where the wire harness goes through the firewall. There is a grommet there. Poke a hole through it with the knife or use a screwdriver, your call. Just be careful cause you don't want to cut any wires on the engine side. Run the tube through the hole you made.

Go to the engine side and look for the harness just in front of the ABS computer. I fed the line through and had to use a wire coat hanger to guide it so it would not go down towards the floor. 2 people is great for this part.

Once you get it through, pull it over the resivoir tank and follow the brake booster line to the vacuum line you cut. Connect everything up and zip tie the connections for a tight connection.

Stephen
Vtune Satge 0 - CAI - Glowshift Boost Gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement