Please post PERFORMANCE related threads here. - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Performance Mods & Tuning - ALL ENGINES Covers GENERAL Tuning & Performance modifications that are *non-engine specific* in nature

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th January 2005
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                
Exclamation Please only post PERFORMANCE related threads here.

This is the PERFORMANCE modifications forum. Posts related to improving the performance of the Sports Sedan should be posted here. Non-performance related posts should be posted in the Workshop.

Performance related posts include...

Power/Torque upgrades, brakes, suspension, exhaust, turbo, engine modifications, performance enhancing tyres/tires etc.

Non-performance related posts include...

General tyre/tire discussion, Wheels, Audio, Interior, Electrics, you know, stuff that doesn't inprove the performance.

Last edited by Saba; 16th July 2007 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd August 2005

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 9-3ss areo conv
Default 305 bhp too much

i got too much torque steer the steering wiggles in my hands even in 3rd gear can any thing be done also just fitted the wpro brakes fom pfs they r fantastic much lighter than stook u can feel more power its like hadding 20 bhp a must tuning mod
Old 24th August 2005

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 1988 900 turbo conv
Default water water every where

my 1988 900 turbo conv is losing water big time in back of the pulleys ...i dont see any hoses there so i know the answer already but is it my water pump and if so how much will the local garage charge to replace it?
Old 25th October 2005

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 93 Aero
Default Turning up the boost on a 2003 93 Aero

Hello All,

I have a 2003 93 Aero and I want to play around with the ECU, I've had a few RS Turbos and a Sierra Cosworth in the past, and with 4 compete engine rebuilds I've done my fair share of getting oily. I believe there is a unit you can buy from BSR which is programmed to either of two settings. I feel that this is a bit of a con and I'd like to find out a little about it's operation. I own and run an electronics company so I have plenty of resources to develop such a device. I am thinking, windows interface directly to the Tech-II connection.
Please let me know if there is already something out there which I can get my hands on and if not any information would be greatly appreciated with the benefit for all to share.

Many Thanks

Elliot
Old 18th November 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9 Arc

What happened to the MODS and TUNING part...? Maybe the forum need a new name then?
Old 18th November 2006
Saabista

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                
My Saabs: 03 SE 5 Spd

Wouldn't you think the Mods and Tuning go along with Mechanical Performance improvements? The Moderators, via the Sticky have politely set guidelines. With all due respect, Fashion, Rims, Tint, Blacked out and Mesh Grilles should be General Workshop topics. They do nothing to enhance performance.

It's usually, and again I mean no disrespect, newer folks that have not read the sticky's and FAQ that post those subjects in the Performance board.

I'll probably catch a few Flames for that opinion...but once again I refer you to the Sticky which has been ignored by many it seems. The Sticky reads:

"Please only post PERFORMANCE related threads here.
This is the PERFORMANCE modifications forum. Posts related to improving the performance of the Sports Sedan should be posted here. Non-performance related posts should be posted in the Workshop.

Power/Torque upgrades, brakes, suspension, exhaust, turbo, engine modifications etc.

Tyre/Tires, Wheels, Audio, Interior, Electrics, you know, stuff that doesn't inprove the performance."

Last edited by JonV; 18th November 2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 18th November 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9 SS

JonV is right.
I'm new to this forum and did not pay attention to this guideline.
I'll post this thread to the Workshop section.
Old 18th November 2006
Saabista

Fear not 3rd Stone, at least you did not post you were getting orange LED wiper nozzles and call them a mod Welcome to SC
Old 18th November 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9 SS

Thanx Jonv.
Glad to be here.
Old 13th June 2010

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: Saab 93 aero 2004 BSR stage 3

Friend, do you know about the "Aquamist Water Injection Systems"? Does this systems can work to our cars?
Do you beleive that this it worth it?
Explain please with simply words how does it works?
Old 25th July 2010

Join Date: Nov 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Saab 9-3 Arc
Default Intercooler upgrade

Im looking to upgrade the intercooler real soon and was looking for some suggestions on any specific ones or were i can find one

Thanks
Old 8th August 2010
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2010                                                
My Saabs: 04 Linear JZW STG3, 99 93 BCB Stg 3 gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by veki91 View Post
Im looking to upgrade the intercooler real soon and was looking for some suggestions on any specific ones or were i can find one

Thanks
Me 2, we can always look on ebay for size 27x10x3 and one of our forum members actually made a DIY thread for the intercooler, he's also working on a pipping kit for the intercooler which some of us are anxiously waiting for. So welcome to SC and you're in the right place my friend.
Old 8th April 2007

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                
My Saabs: silver 2005 9-3 linear
Default suspension??

i have a 2005 9-3 linear and i wanna lower it about 1.5 all around i wanna know what kind of kits i can get if anyone knows.... thank you stevewright@optonline.net
Old 29th May 2007
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1981
i have a 2005 9-3 linear and i wanna lower it about 1.5 all around i wanna know what kind of kits i can get if anyone knows.... thank you stevewright@optonline.net
A late reply...but ask that here: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Old 16th July 2007

Join Date: Jul 2007                                                
My Saabs: NG 900 SE, '03 9-3 Linear

One thought...tires improve performance... As can wheels... wider/lighter wheels and stickier rubber = better handling. So why aren't tires included in the performance subforum?

To me thats a performance gain... Surely I'm not the only one that knows this...
Old 16th July 2007
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

If you want to post about performance tyres then put in in the performance section.

If you want to post about everyday tyres, perhaps those that last longer with less emphasis on sports performance post in the workshop area.

I dont think its too tricky really do you?
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 16th July 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 9-5
If you want to post about performance tyres then put in in the performance section.

If you want to post about everyday tyres, perhaps those that last longer with less emphasis on sports performance post in the workshop area.

I dont think its too tricky really do you?
No its not, but the rules don't make that distinction. Just wanted to clarify

Quote:
Tyre/Tires, Wheels, Audio, Interior, Electrics, you know, stuff that doesn't improve the performance.

Last edited by i like it sideways; 16th July 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 16th July 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba

Power/Torque upgrades, brakes, suspension, exhaust, turbo, engine modifications, performance enhancing tyres/tires etc.

General tyre/tire discussion, Wheels, Audio, Interior, Electrics, you know, stuff that doesn't inprove the performance.
Everybody happy now.
Old 16th July 2007

Haha thank you. I've always been happy here Now I'm just happier.
Old 30th August 2007

Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
My Saabs: SAAB 93 2.0T (aka CADILLAC BLS)
Default I've got a CADILLAC BLS (aka Saab 93 2.0T)

Hi everyone!

I have got a Cadillac BLS 2.0 T which is basically a Saab 93 2.0T (175bhp) with a Cadillac body kit!

It is made in the same factory as the Saab 93 and the engines look exactly the same.

Saab tell me that I should just mod the car with the assumption that all parts I purchase should be for the Saab 93 SS.

Anybody got any opinions on this Saab 93 SS in disguise? Hope I'm still welcome!

I'm planning to take my car to Nordic Tuning at Nottingham Saab to start my journey into perfomace mods.

My plans are:

ECU stage 1 upgrade
Simota Aero Form II Open Air Intake System
FORGE dump valve
EIBACH lowering springs
MITSUBISHI TD04 turbo

I'm very confused about how to upgrade my exhaust system as I know very little about it! Its a twin tail pipe fitted at the moment.

I've seen the 3" JETEX sports cats on PartsForSaabs.com but not sure where in the exhaust they go and whether they fit a twin tail pipe. Can anyone advise on which parts of the exhaust to upgrade? I'm told this is one of the mods that will give the largest BHP improvement.

I'm also very interested in upgrading the LIGHTS, in partcicular some ANGEL EYES but have not found any so far. What upgrades are available? I've tried HIDs but they have thrown up error codes on my ECU. Maybe an expensive Bi-Xenon unit upgrade? Has anyone seen ANGEL EYES for Saab?

One last thing . . . LAMBO DOORS! Has anybody got any info on this? I've seen some websites offering fairly reasonable universal fitments.

Thanks guys and girls(?) . . . looking forward to the responses!

Last edited by brokenprophet; 30th August 2007 at 09:59 PM. Reason: ADDED PHOTO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement