I crashed my SAAB 900S 1995 - Want to replace front w/ AERO - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th September 2002

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
Default I crashed my SAAB 900S 1995 - Want to replace front w/ AERO

Did it before the weekend. What a terrible day in my life.

Now that it's crashed, and the front is done for, I'm thinking about replacing it with the AERO front instead of the regular 900. Just for the looks, nothing else.

Any comments? The workshop is still looking into it, checking if it can be done. They said the AERO model had special skirts too (is skirts the right word for the 'skirts' below the doors?). So they said I should replace those too. But they are not sure if it is doable.

The current skrits are painted red (used to be black) and that looks much better. I've also painted the front red, except for the lining of the bumper. Sort of looks like the SE / 9-3 SE model. Improved the looks of the car ALOT.

The grille is also something I'm thinking about replacing with the 9-3 grille perhaps (is grille the right work (again) for the plastic between the headlights?)

So, If anyone got any comments ideas on rebuilding the front of my car a little cooler, please let me know.

Just for the record, the crash was not my fault... Not that it helps my poor car *sniff*

Emil R, Norway - Tromsų
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th September 2002
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2002                                                
My Saabs: 99 9-5 Sedan,87 Airflow,05 9-5 Wagon

Thats a bummer... Im actually thinking of changing my front end as well so let me know how it goes! I have a 95 900SE COnv 2.0 Ltr 5 spd turbo and i want to put a VIGGEN frontend on it.......
Old 16th September 2002

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                

The workshop says it is not doable without further adjustments. So that means it's more than a quick replace. I'm not spending any big bucks on this project, so I'm dropping it for now.

e.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement