New daily driver project - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning > C900 Projects

C900 Projects For ongoing threads concerning classic 900 projects

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th May 2012

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: 1994 900s convertible
Default New daily driver project

I just bought a 1994 900s convertible.
I need some help as this is my first Saab.
I restore cars for a living so I am pretty good with a wrench, But!
I work on old cars so I have almost no knowledge of fuel injection and it's related problems.
My car has no key or fob. A previous owner some how bypassed the security system by installing a switch hidden on the center console.
So here are some things I need help with. The car is hard to start, I push the button and it revs to life and than dies. I have to feather the gas to slowly prompt it to idle. I found a electric fuel pump mounted on the inside passenger fender well. There seems to me to be to much pressure in the fuel system, as the fuel rail seems to hum. Once I get it to idle it surges a little bit.
I have driven it almost a hundred mile with no other problems other than it leeks some oil. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.