P2122 code. Anyone have information? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12th April 2012

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-3SS Linear, Steel Gray
Default P2122 code. Anyone have information?

Hey guys! Exactly what the title says.. I just completed a head gasket install on my car (2005 9-3 Linear), and I have a CEL since it was completed, I've also noticed I'm stuck in limp mode (powerless in 1st and 2nd, 3rd is tolerable but still not right). I had it scanned by my buddy with an OBDII reader, and we tried wiping it to no avail... I've also tried calling around different places but I'm only being told "bring it in for diagnostics," and got information for the pins from the accelerator pedal position sensor to the ECU. I've also tried searching through the forums, and I've found a lot of information for the code P2138, but I only have P2122...

Just looking for more information regarding the P2122 trouble code before having to resort to taking the car into a shop. Money is tight, and so is time during this portion of the year.

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT:

I should also mention that I've reset the ECU, tried the "re-calibration" method of holding both the clutch and accelerator in while starting the car, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the plug that connects into the throttle body (I'm assuming the throttle plate sensor?), as well as removed the accelerator pedal to ensure that was clean as well.
Old 12th April 2012

Join Date: Jan 2012                                                
My Saabs: 03 9-3 SS
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurpie822 View Post
Hey guys! Exactly what the title says.. I just completed a head gasket install on my car (2005 9-3 Linear), and I have a CEL since it was completed, I've also noticed I'm stuck in limp mode (powerless in 1st and 2nd, 3rd is tolerable but still not right). I had it scanned by my buddy with an OBDII reader, and we tried wiping it to no avail... I've also tried calling around different places but I'm only being told "bring it in for diagnostics," and got information for the pins from the accelerator pedal position sensor to the ECU. I've also tried searching through the forums, and I've found a lot of information for the code P2138, but I only have P2122...

Just looking for more information regarding the P2122 trouble code before having to resort to taking the car into a shop. Money is tight, and so is time during this portion of the year.

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT:

I should also mention that I've reset the ECU, tried the "re-calibration" method of holding both the clutch and accelerator in while starting the car, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the plug that connects into the throttle body (I'm assuming the throttle plate sensor?), as well as removed the accelerator pedal to ensure that was clean as well.

I looked up the P0 Code and it came back on my software "SAAB WIS" and i got Pedal Position Sensor Circuit 1. Open circuit/ Short to ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th April 2012

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-3SS Linear, Steel Gray

Solved my issue, it was a bent pin on the ECU. straightened it out and the car is back to normal. Also, thanks for your input cc93!
Advertisement