'03 93 spoiler damage - SaabCentral Forums
* site search:  
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan/Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop
Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th July 2011

Join Date: Jul 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2003 Saab 93
Thumbs down '03 93 spoiler damage

I have a 2003 saab 93 that is in great condition but the spoiler is bubbling. It looks terrible and is detracting from the cars appearance. Attached is a picture.... Anyone have this problem, any recomendations?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14th July 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3SS Arc 6MT BSR Stg1.

That would be caused by two things: Poor surface prep before painting and over tightening the spoiler.

Those lines you see in the paint are exactly where the studs that mount the spoiler to the trunk are located.

Need parts of your Saab wrapped in vinyl? View the pricing plan here: Chef's Wrapping Services
Old 15th July 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweedishChef View Post
That would be caused by two things: Poor surface prep before painting and over tightening the spoiler.

Those lines you see in the paint are exactly where the studs that mount the spoiler to the trunk are located.

so take it to get the spoiler re painted? - resealed?

it's a pretty odd color, very dark green: so im not sure if I'd be charged extra for them trying to match the color. your thoughts?
Old 15th July 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2009                                                
My Saabs: TD04 swapped stg4 9-3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by frijoe View Post
so take it to get the spoiler re painted? - resealed?

it's a pretty odd color, very dark green: so im not sure if I'd be charged extra for them trying to match the color. your thoughts?
Ill buy your spoiler if you can get it off.
Old 15th July 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
My Saabs: Saabless

Looks like clearcoat failure. I would get it reprepped and resprayed. I dunno about your area but a good shop around my area would prob do it for 300.00. OR you can order a new painted spoiler online for less:

http://www.carid.com/2007-saab-9-3-s...ler-41702.html
Old 15th July 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabless View Post
Looks like clearcoat failure. I would get it reprepped and resprayed. I dunno about your area but a good shop around my area would prob do it for 300.00. OR you can order a new painted spoiler online for less:

http://www.carid.com/2007-saab-9-3-s...ler-41702.html

great idea, i was looking around for something like that a few weeks ago but there are just a ton of garbage web sites out there. quick question though... i noticed that is for a 2007 9-3... would that fit my 2003 9-3 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement