SID problem after Stereo install. - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th January 2010

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 1996 900se
Unhappy SID problem after Stereo install.

sorry if im re-posting, but im new to the forum. I just purchased my first Saab. Its a 1996 900se and i instaled an Alpine head unit and type r front 6.5" in the front. the stereo works great, i bypassed the amp flipped the hot and acc etc. now my SID is flickering every 20 sec and my Black Panel button only blacks the SID, or when it does black the tach and fuel etc it wont come back on unless i turn off the car and re-start. any help fixing this would be awesone. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th January 2010
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Oct 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1997 900SE Talladega coupe

That's a pretty common problem, and easily fixed. Whatever wiring harness adapter you used has a wire that's putting 12 volts onto the SID bus. Take your radio out and unplug the wiring harness adapter. You'll see that the plug in the car has two gold-colored pins. Those are for the SID's data bus. Clip whatever wires are connected to those on your adapter and the SID should work fine. A lot of VW adapters have a loop of wire that connects to a bus pin that just needs to be clipped.
Old 13th January 2010

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 1996 900se
Talking Thanx

AWESOME, thank you. Ill try it when i get home tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement