SaabCentral Forums banner

Nokian WRG2's review after 2000 miles and first serious snow

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fusionrx 
#1 · (Edited)
What can I say... This is an Impressive tire. I have a set on my 9-5 sedan.

First of all, the asymetrical tread pattern is quite functional in all conditions.
I have put about 2000+ miles on the tires since install and they have performed amazingly well in all the conditions that have been thrown at it.

In this time its seen 80F temps all the way down to single digit temps.

Today we had our first snow (that accumulated), and there was ALOT of it (6inches or so).

The roads were a horrible mess. All the TV and radio stations suggested that unless you needed to, stay off the roads. I was out today and I was one of a few sedans on the road, (mostly trucks or 4x4's) and definately one of the few (of any vehicle) that wasn't all over the road.

Grip on the loose snow/icy roads was nothing short of amazing. Some wheel spin but winter mode (yes an auto, sigh) minimized that, and it is to be expected. Stopping was equally as good. ABS never had to come on...

To further make driving interesting, this evening (after all the plows came by and left a thin sheen of snow/ice on the roads), the weather warmed up enough so that its effectively 'misting' everything with a water/ice. Every car not in a garage has a nice thick layer of ice encasing it. The roads... not any better... basically a skating rink. Not a problem.

With these tires, I feel confident I can get anywhere I need to go regardless of the conditions. What am I comparing against? I have a set of dedicated Bridgestone Blizzaks on the 9-5 wagon, and I would venture to say that the Nokians are as good, if not better, than those. Yes they are that good. When the Blizzaks wear out, I'll replace them with another set of Nokians...

This is the tire:

And these are the cars (apres snow driving):

My 2 Saabs

See less See more
#5 ·
Keep us updated! If that tire lasts a while, I'm definately going to buy a set as my next tire. I've heard too many great things about them not to! :cool:

#6 ·
im also looking for a set of tires...where can i find these tires, cause im sure the shops around here dont have them...

#8 ·
9-5Aero22 said:
im also looking for a set of tires...where can i find these tires, cause im sure the shops around here dont have them...
Your best bet would probably be to order them online, and have a shop near you fit them, which I think is what you meant now that I read it again... If you go here:
http://www.nokiantires.com/en/locater.aspx
It's a dealer locater thinger.

#9 ·
I got mine for $145 a tire here in the twin cities. Found a good indy mechanic at the same time too so it was a bonus for me.

If I recall correctly they have a 60 or 70k warranty on them, provided they are rotated frequently (every other oil change in my case I think).

Compared to the $160 a tire for Blizzaks (dedicated winters), they were a bargin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.