SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-x Air to debut in Paris

5K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  DavidMorgan 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
With the top up, it's really cool looking - but with the top down, it would look much nicer without the buttresses at the back end...

#5 ·
20Ted said:
With the top up, it's really cool looking - but with the top down, it would look much nicer without the buttresses at the back end...
FWIW, I really don't like the current 9-3 CVT's butt and tailights :confused:

#9 ·
I just ruined my pants :eek:
:lol: :lol: :lol: another one...........it looks awesome!!

Anybody sees some similarities with the Sonett III???

regards

#10 ·
totally agree Saabken, the front of the 9-3 'vert is terrific but the rear is too bulky and the lights have always been too large - a slimmer light might actually make the car look more squat at the rear - it looks jacked up otherwise. The '07 tailights improve the look slightly if you chose paint colour carefully the black light traim gets absorbed into the body.

Loving the look of the Air, but then I liked the Jaguar XJS buttresses too ;oops:

SaabKen said:
FWIW, I really don't like the current 9-3 CVT's butt and tailights :confused:

#12 ·
AC, agree this and the 9-xBH are defo in the TT space:cheesy: , not a serious contender for the A4 which I testdrove yesterday and is miles bigger in terms of interior legroom and width - very worried if the new 9-3 were to shrink as widely speculated, it will die against ever-larger A4 and C class:nono; .

#13 ·
belfastcarlsson said:
AC, agree this and the 9-xBH are defo in the TT space:cheesy: , not a serious contender for the A4 which I testdrove yesterday and is miles bigger in terms of interior legroom and width - very worried if the new 9-3 were to shrink as widely speculated, it will die against ever-larger A4 and C class:nono; .
I think all they need to do is make it feel larger on the inside. The current gen 9-3 feels a little cramped, especially in the rear seats.

Make it a hatch, push the rear seats back 5 inches, give the front seats a few more inches of legroom.. The car can probably shrink a foot and still be capable of growing interior space. Who really fills their saab's trunk completely when all the rear seats are full? Make it smaller and have 40/20/40 split rear seats to allow it to open up really big. Make it a hatch so things can be stacked upward instead of simply deep-ways (?)

#16 ·
Boon

I agree the 9-3 could be better packaged, but in fact it is too small to achieve anything like 5 inches interior growth, even if it did, it will jus tlook too small to convince new-conquest buyers to even consider it - sales boost relies on converts who need to think they are getting value for money, not a smaller car!

Hatchback, if you must and a variant, but the wagon is preferred in UK, less so in Europe where saloon is king.

boon94 said:
I think all they need to do is make it feel larger on the inside. The current gen 9-3 feels a little cramped, especially in the rear seats.

Make it a hatch, push the rear seats back 5 inches, give the front seats a few more inches of legroom.. The car can probably shrink a foot and still be capable of growing interior space. Who really fills their saab's trunk completely when all the rear seats are full? Make it smaller and have 40/20/40 split rear seats to allow it to open up really big. Make it a hatch so things can be stacked upward instead of simply deep-ways (?)

#17 ·
belfastcarlsson said:

Very faithful to the 9-4x in fact - I think we'll see these tailights very soon on that model and setting the standard for future Saab rears. It'll be nice to be able to recognise a Saab in the dark again!
And consistent with the Aero-X :cool:

#21 ·
So my question is, to achieve Hyperdrive, who should I go with ..... BSR or Hirsch ? Garrett or Mitsubishi turbo units ? FMICs ?

I have to be able to outrun this dude and his Turbo X:

boon94 said:
And this

I was sad to see it go on the OG9-3, I thought it was kind-of a saab trademark type thing. I'm excited to see it again.

#23 ·
Has anyone noticed, none of the pictures shown the side and rear quater windows down.

I hope they CAN be lowered (side for sure, rear quater I really hope). If not then it's not a convertible in my book.

I LIKE buffeting when I'm in a convertible, that's part of the reason owning onw right? Otherwise I'd just get the hatchback.

P.S> Now hair piece owners may appreciate it, but that sends out the wrong message...

#26 ·
Stop the planet .. I want to ge off :roll:

With all the lousy spelling and Christ knows what I am totally lost.

It is probably best like that .. who are these loonies :eek:

Or maybe there is something I should be smoking ... Never :nono;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.