SaabCentral Forums banner

Can the alarm module be disabled with e Launch device like the Tech 2?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  OnlyTurbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Can the alarm module be disabled with a Launch device like the Tech 2?

I have two 9-5’s that are giving me the service alarm message and alarm going off randomly.

My SAAB mechanic has the Launch device but does not have the Tech 2. He was able to communicate with the car ECU, had options to put car in transport mode, and change alarm options for number of beeps and so forth.

But he told me he could not find an option to completely disable the alarm! Is this possible or is he not looking in the right place?
Does anyone have a menu list showing how to disable the alarm?

Thanks!

#6 ·
No you just go the the siren unit itself, its in the left fender well (LHD) not sure about RHD.
You can pull the plug that plugs into the siren. You could cut the wire too but I would be worried if it was the right wire.
Its a little hard to get at but it will permanently disabled the alarm (unless you plug it back in)
Message will still display on SID, either have it cleared with tech II or dont worry about it and press a button to make it go away.
Can't you disable the alarm by pulling a fuse under the hood? Same fuse that controls the A/C?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.