SaabCentral Forums banner

9-3 Aero Front spoiler lip part number?

17K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Toronto9-3 
#1 ·
Can anyone verify that the following would be the correct part number to replace my 2004 9-3 Aero front spoiler lip?

12-759-772

I'm being told this number replaced a previous number, which was 12802143

Also, I understand there's a "catalogue" lip vs the aero lip... does anyone have pictures of the catalogue lip?

#2 ·
The catalog lip comes as part of another styling kit offered for the 9-3 SS. I've only ever seen it one catalog, and have never seen it fitted to a car. As for the part number, it is correct, I just looked it up in EPC. The first number (12802143) is listed as NLS, use p/n 12759772.

#3 ·
I have the full extra kit, and it is slightly more flared than the std aero, slightly lower and slightly wider at the wheel edge, just think of it as extended allround slightly from original aero, if someone can tell me how i will take a photo for you and upload, just not sure how to upload the picture.

The side skirts are exactly the same slightly more flared than std aero.
simon

#7 ·
The indicators in the bumper strips were courtesy of a fellow saaber on here over in the states... They prefer the euro look... I prefer the US look...for the very reason that you stated...they are not seen over here very often so it gives me a subtle 'uniqueness'.... the item near my side repeater is a silver griffin....Also available in 'black' I believe.

#9 ·
The Exhaust is the one as fitted to the 2003 TID sport, that was available in the Uk at the Launch of 93 ss, i have not seen many fitted to current models however when i got the car secondhand last few months the exhaust was brand new so i would imagine that they are still available. Thanks for your comments.

cheers
Sie

Ps i think that the bodykit is available from Elkpart.com for around £500 gbp

#12 ·
Ambisaab said:
The indicators in the bumper strips were courtesy of a fellow saaber on here over in the states... They prefer the euro look... I prefer the US look...for the very reason that you stated...they are not seen over here very often so it gives me a subtle 'uniqueness'.... the item near my side repeater is a silver griffin....Also available in 'black' I believe.

I do like the bumper strip lightsa but not in amber.... you can actually get clear lenses for them and stick silva tec amber bulbs in them so they only appear amber when on. clear would look much better with your black paint than amber! But if you like it like that then each to their own I suppose.

#14 ·
WooSAABy said:
I do like the bumper strip lightsa but not in amber.... you can actually get clear lenses for them and stick silva tec amber bulbs in them so they only appear amber when on. clear would look much better with your black paint than amber! But if you like it like that then each to their own I suppose.
Ambisaab where did you get the griffin emblems from ?

#19 ·
What is the difference between the Arc front lip and the Aero's?

Hi Folks,

I have an 04' Arc convertible but want to give it that lowered, more aggressive Aero look. I've bought the rear Aero bumper spoiler but am wondering what major difference there is between my current Arc front bumper soiler and the Aero. I can see the subtle difference between the Aero and Arc side skirts but at almost $400 a pop for the Aeros, I think I'll pass. Any help with the front bumper spoiler is much appreciated.

Thanks.

#20 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I have an 04' Arc convertible but want to give it that lowered, more aggressive Aero look. I've bought the rear Aero bumper spoiler but am wondering what major difference there is between my current Arc front bumper soiler and the Aero. I can see the subtle difference between the Aero and Arc side skirts but at almost $400 a pop for the Aeros, I think I'll pass. Any help with the front bumper spoiler is much appreciated.

Thanks.
You should be able to see the striking difference by comparing these 2 photos, Aero on the right:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.