SaabCentral Forums banner

1991 9000cd

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  gixxeric 
#1 ·
is it true that the 91 9000's came stock with the sport suspention (aero rims, stiffer and shorter springs) and aero body kit in the U.S.? I am considering picking up this model to compliment my 83 900 turbo and would like to know more about what I should expect from this car.

#2 ·
I'm not that sure about the US, but certainly in the UK market at that time, there would have been standard 9000i's and CDi's without any of this kit.

Even the Full Pressure Turbo's didn't get any suspension mods, though some would have had small rear spoilers, and spoke style alloys.

At that time in the UK, the Carlsson model (see a picture of my white 1991 Carlsson below) did have lowered suspension, aero alloys and Carlsson bodykit:

Having said that, I have seen an article in "Road and Track" around that time showing a 2.3T 5 door 9000 with all the standard mods you mentioned. I've just had a quick look and cannot find the offending article! I'll write back if I find it.

Hope this helps. :smile:

#6 ·
Sorry I haven't got back earlier (been away from the 'net).

As Simon said, this is a standard kit that came with the Carlsson model in 1991.

It was available in the UK and Australia - may have been available elsewhere, though I'm not sure.

The kits are very hard to get hold of, and would think breakers would be your best bet.

Put it this way - I am yet to see another white 9000 Carlsson 2.3T in the year I have owned this one! However I have seen red and black and blue ones - the kits are on the 5 door hatches as well as the 4 door CD (sedan??)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.