SaabCentral Forums banner

Car will not start still (coolant leaking from the top near the bolt holding it in)

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  blackls1ttop 
#1 ·
I love this car but can honestly say it has been nothing but a headache. From the CPS, to the window roller breaking, to the serp belt and tensioner pulley. I have no clue what to do with this car, it wont start I dont have money to get it towed to a garage and looked at. Is there any chance that I could have burned out a fuse for one the relays? I heard there was a starter relay NSS thing that happens to these cars and prevents them from starting.

G
#3 ·
ok try to give us more info, does it crank? do you have a check engine light? if the car does not attempt to crank check the nuetral safety switch. if its cranking but no start, check the fuel pump, check the valve on the fuel rail. if you are getting it to crank but there is no spark then thats a whole differant story.

#6 ·
Ok Cranking equals turning over. It means the starter is turning the engine.
This eliminates the starter.
(as long as it is turning when trying to start)
the NSS is the neutral safety switch.
It is on top of the trans where the shift cable goes to.
It will only let the car start in neutral or park. If it is turning over NSS is ok
Did you check fuel at the fuel rail on top of engine?
It has a little cap similar to the tire fill valve but bigger.
Remove the cap. (it finger tight)
If you press the little thing in the middle (as if you were letting air out of tire)
it should spray some gas. Be careful and protect your eyes.
If not fuel is not getting to the rail at enough pressure or n one at all.
The DI Cassettes should throw a code.

#10 ·
Ok so you have fuel to at least the injectors.
I think you need to track down that sound get as close to it as you can, if it is sparking that is bad.
might be a relay tripping back and forth?
You might want to pull your spark plugs and check them at this point.
But track down that sound I think it may be important.
Check all connections that you can see around the engine. make sure the DICs
(Direct Ignition Cassettes) wires are plugged in and tight.

G
#13 ·
next before before you continue i would connect a scanner to it, and see if all the components are comunicating. there is relay box 22B i think they call it, its under the drivers area, you need to remove the bottom panel and 1 other screw to drop the relays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.