SaabCentral Forums banner

New 9-5 Aero for million-mile Saaber

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Swade 
#1 ·
WOW! I caught Ken napping! :cheesy:

The press release from GM.

----------------

One Million Miles in a Saab? Get a New One from Saab – For Free

DETROIT — Convinced of the jet-like performance and endurance of its products, Saab Automobile USA is announcing that it will offer a free new Saab to any U.S. customer who covers the distance of one million miles (or more) in a Saab that he or she originally purchased new. The new Saab will come with the 100,000 mile/5 years GM Powertrain limited warranty and 3 years/36,000 miles no-charge scheduled maintenance, standard with every model in the 2007 Saab Automobile USA portfolio.

This announcement comes after Wisconsin resident and insurance salesman Peter Gilbert recently reached the one million milestone in a 1989 Edwardian Gray Saab 900 SPG, still with the original engine and turbo, at this year’s North American Saab Owners Convention in Lake George, N.Y. Saab Automobile USA General Manager Jay Spenchian was the very first to congratulate Gilbert and his 900 SPG on the occasion.

“Saabs are made for people who love to drive, as proven by the many high-mileage examples in the Saab owners’ community”, Spenchian said. “Having personally been with Peter Gilbert in his 900 SPG as we crossed their magical finish line together, one cannot help but being impressed by the condition of car and driver after one million miles. Our offer of a new Saab to any U.S. customer who equals this achievement, should be seen as a token of appreciation for the enduring loyalty and confidence in Saab.”

Mr. Gilbert will receive a brand new, 260 hp Saab 9-5 Aero (MSRP $38,735) as a worthy replacement for his tried-and-true 900 SPG. Delivery of the new car is to be scheduled in early 2007 at the Saab Aero Academy at Road Atlanta, Georgia. Saab is the only U.S. manufacturer offering this two-day enhanced driving course – a $1,350 value – at no cost to every U.S. customer who buys a new Saab 9-3 Aero or 9-5 Aero.

“I am obviously thrilled with the idea of being presented with a new Saab 9-5 Aero”, Gilbert said. “It is not just fast and fuel efficient, but also extremely safe. A reassuring thought, keeping in mind that my faithful 900 SPG and I survived many a collision with Wisconsin deer. Who knows, I might take a run at another million miles in my new 9-5!"

The offer of a free, new 2007 Saab 9-5 Aero [not to exceed an Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of $38,735 (certain features and options are subject to availability at time of delivery) and delivery to take place at an authorized Saab USA dealer] valid from the date of this release through calendar year 2007 (offer ends Dec. 31, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time), is available to any U.S. customer who can present verifiable proof to Saab Automobile USA that he or she is the original owner of the Saab vehicle that covered one million road miles or more, that the vehicle is in running condition, that the odometer hasn’t been tampered with, and that the vehicle is currently and has always been registered in the United States. The customer is responsible for all applicable taxes, title fees, registration and destination charges. Visit www.saabusa.com for important details and limitations on this offer.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
UPDATE from JS Online (the news source that sent the story around the globe a few weeks ago).

Gilbert's SPG is to be a feature at the Saab stand at the Detroit Auto Show with a 1,000,000 miles banner accross it. :cool:

They may have been slack at the Owner's Convention (when the million miles ticked over) but they're certainly making up for it now.

#8 ·
Kermit said:
One thing is for certain though.......he ain't gonna get a million miles out of a 9-5. :nono;
I wonder what are other highest-mileage SAABs in North America (or the world) by model ? You know, NG900, OG9-3, NG9-3, 9-2X, 9-7X etc .....

#9 ·
I don't see any reason why he can't get a million miles out of the 9-5. It's a solid car, fine tuned by years of production. As long as the electronics last (and replacements are available) there should be no issues.

But I'll be willing to bet a 9-5 Aero myself that no one else claims this prize in 2007. So it's great PR at no real cost.

#10 ·
LinearSLT said:
But I'll be willing to bet a 9-5 Aero myself that no one else claims this prize in 2007. So it's great PR at no real cost.
I agree.

This announcement can really be badly interpreted, one could think "they're so confident that nobody will ever make such a mileage again with one of their cars", "they don't put too much trust in their cars, do they".

They should have promised a free new car to everybody who blew their engine for sludge after they fixed the PCV system, THAT would have ment trust in their product! :cheesy:

#11 ·
Stefano said:
They should have promised a free new car to everybody who blew their engine for sludge after they fixed the PCV system, THAT would have ment trust in their product! :cheesy:
I had to replace my DI cassette. Do I get a new 9-5 ? :cheesy:

#20 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
My mom's '98 900s is at 225k as of 2 days ago. I think we have set a family goal of hitting this mark. May take more than a year though. And yep, Original owner, so it will count too.:cheesy:
Well, you've only got until Dec 31st 2007, but I reckon if you make it to a million they'll honour the offer anyway. This giveaway sets a precedent and there won't be so many one-owner million mile cars that it'll be a burden to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.