SaabCentral Forums banner

Im in shock

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Jssaab 
#1 ·
I pulled on an sti or atleast it looked like one has the wing and huge hood scoop, i know it wasent a wrx hood scoop because two of my friends have them last night from a roll in second to 4th i ended up redlining third because i was holding the wheel so hard ( bumpy roads ) and he passed me but i had a half a car on him at the end of third. all i have done is fmic, intake, smbc ( 14.5 psi ) and resinator cutout on winter tiers lol.... i should have check his brakes to have known for sure..

#2 ·
i would almost believe it, actually. i mean, the STi has 300bhp, and with drivetrain loss, that might be somewhere around 260whp. its torque isnt very impressive either, and you still need to include a higher drivetrain loss because of AWD.

with FMIC, you might have picked up a few HP and torque, as well as SMBC. saabs get a better drivetrain loss so stock aeros should be around 210-215whp, although VERY good torque, at almost 260ft-lbs.

Both cars weigh almost the same, especially considering the added weight of AWD for the STi.

From a dig, the STi will smoke just about anything, i mean a lot of people can get it to sixty in under 4.5. From a roll though, maybe-just maybe, an aero with a couple of "power inducing" bolt-ons could keep up.....

#7 ·
when i really think about it though, it probably was a wrx. STi's may as well be RACE cars. Aeros are fast, but not THAT fast stock. STi's have better acceleration almost across the board and better top speed. from a roll, you would smoke a rex though, they arent too fast. so its hard to say.

i know a lot of people around here who put that retarded wing on their wrx's, although im not as sure about the larger scoop. Do you know what year it was?

MAYBE it was just a tuned wrx? i think that would be the most likely. I doubt it was a DE-tuned STi :cheesy:

#10 ·
i have the same bolt on mods also, and yeah i can take WRX's, but its not like i DESTROY them. I've only raced one, but theyre pretty quick too.

STi's are a whole different ball game

#13 ·
:lol: i found that funny (aerodynamics part, that is). even so, they do narrowly beat an AERO out in top speed (160mph i think?) the 2010 will supposedly go 172mph i think.

from about 60-120, i think youll find that the aero does have a fighting chance though.

#16 ·
i quite believe it. when i got my first stage 4ish tune (abbott told me was 300hp) i destroyed an R33 from 50-120, racd 3 times. was the day after my tune so no carbon in the exhaust or anything. i've also raced a proven 300hp seat ibiza from 0-90, it weighed 1100kg and had 2ppl on board. i weighed over 1500 plus 3 adults on board. only lost by one and a half car lengths.

now with my detune i beat an m3 6cyl the other day from 30-90 (where my money is) although i wasn't that proud as they have literally no torque or midrange

#17 ·
I actually found that my m3 had one of the broadest powerband with great miodrange. And it was consistently quicker than my buddies S4 v8, 2.7turbo s4 with rs4 conversion, my 9-5 with turboback and tune and pulled high 12s at the quarter. Maybe the guys you raced didn't know how to drive?

Sorry for the offtopic, I just really miss it:cry:

#18 ·
i've been out in an m3 with one of my dads friends who was a local rally champion and the acceleration was very linear, and this guy had an impreza as well and thought it had more punch midrange. i'm used to the saab though, and with my gt17 i get massive spool between 2 and 4thou, which maybe makes it feel quicker? you're right though, he could've been a **** driver changing at say 5000 or something instead of 8 they go to iirc? but my saab is surprisingly fast, so i wouldn't be shocked if it was quicker in a straight line in a certain zone speed wise. i'll just leave the corners for the m3s :L

sorry for the high jack; i quite believe you were quicker than a sti though!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.