SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SE Pa Tri-Monthly Meet (K.O.P.)

25K views 239 replies 34 participants last post by  FiveStar 
#1 ·
***Check Latest post for the month and date chosen by the majority! *Will be in large red font!*

Dates: March/April (Spring), June/July (Summer), Sept./Oct. (Fall)

Location: King of Prussia, IMAX Theather - 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, Pa 19460 (Held in the "side lot" - see map)
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=king+of+prussia+imax+theater&fb=1&gl=us&hq=imax+theater&hnear=0x89c694352c6e632d:0xfa099731bfc15395,King+of+Prussia,+PA&cid=0,0,3713644762220843111&ei=vTAzT4nUPIbe0QHH4bDjAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CBwQ_BI

Time: Early Afternoons 11am-12pm (for people traveling)

For: ANY and ALL SAABS! even if you're a previous owner and just want to come out, all are welcome!

Previous Thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218638

(***Please respect the location, many different clubs hold meets here)

first year turn out:

See less See more
#166 ·
I went to start the car up tonight and it just barely had enough power to turn the interior lights on. I've been having issues like this all winter long. Had to leave it sit on the charger for a little while before I could start it. It's good now, just drove it down to my brother's house outside of Harrisburg. So we'll be heading down in the morning in my Saab if it decides to start in the morning.

#171 · (Edited)
ok, last check in before tomorrow....

weather looks like it might turn out to be pretty good with only a few shower through out the day.

***make sure to remember about the "Back up" spot by the cheesecake factory! if its raining in the morning, ill hang out at the main spot until about 12:12-15 for anyone running late, otherwise if it starts to rain while we are all together, we can cruise over together.

for anyone still on the fence we have about 15+ coming no matter what the weather is like, so come join the crowd!

EDIT: PM me if you run into any trouble finding either location, i will have them sent to my phone and i will send you my #

#175 ·
awesome turn out today, given that the weather kinda sucked, so thanks to everyone that took the drive out;ol;

I'm pretty sure i counted around 18 cars at one point, 13 saabs and 5 volvos. Ill get to my pics at some point tomorrow and will be sure to upload them when they are ready.

thanks again to those that came out, we didn't get a chance to talk about a date for the summer meet, but we will get to that when the times comes.

also, special thanks to dijinn, first from myself for the awesome "save saab" signs, i already have 1 on my bedroom wall and 1 on the garage wall and secondly I'm sure i speak for everyone else, when i say THANKS! for taking the time to photograph everyones cars with the epic HDR shots! you do awesome work;ol;

#176 ·
also, special thanks to dijinn, first from myself for the awesome "save saab" signs, i already have 1 on my bedroom wall and 1 on the garage wall and secondly I'm sure i speak for everyone else, when i say THANKS! for taking the time to photograph everyones cars with the epic HDR shots! you do awesome work;ol;
yeah the pictures looked fantastic, can't wait to see everything.

#183 ·
Yeah paco you look about ready to raid the fridge.
Since your trading cars, I won't hold it against you if you want pre 08 taillights on them again lol

Ill pay for shipping if so...

good time yesterday nice meeting you guys, get ready for carlisle

#188 ·
#189 ·
I was there!

Hi all,
Well I made the drive up yesterday and arrived at the car park outside the IMAX at around 11:45. No-one was there, but it was drizzling, so I was going to go to the back up plan car park.
However, when I turned round in the IMAX car park steam started to come out from the bonnet. I had blown a hole in the radiator! :cry:
This could be the end of my Saab. What with the other problems it has, I may just throw the towel in and sell it. A sad day, especially as GEICO insurance wouldnt pay the $200 tow fee back to Wilmington.
Here is a picture of the hole...

Attachments

#190 ·
Hi all,
Well I made the drive up yesterday and arrived at the car park outside the IMAX at around 11:45. No-one was there, but it was drizzling, so I was going to go to the back up plan car park.
However, when I turned round in the IMAX car park steam started to come out from the bonnet. I had blown a hole in the radiator! :cry:
This could be the end of my Saab. What with the other problems it has, I may just throw the towel in and sell it. A sad day, especially as GEICO insurance wouldnt pay the $200 tow fee back to Wilmington.
Here is a picture of the hole...
:eek: sorry to hear that!

apparently there was another guy that also got to the IMAX, but he didn't know about the back up spot. best of luck with whatever you choose todo and if it's another saab keep an eye out for the Summer meet;ol;

#193 ·
#196 ·
thanks! your right, it was pretty much all newer 93's. you can see pic 2 and 4, they were the closest we had to "classics".

i do know Central Penn Saab had an event the same day in the city of philadelphia, but not sure if they knew about this, or even would have come. the meet is open to any and all saabs, so hopefully come summer we get a nicer variety.

#203 ·
thanks!

I guess I had the oldest car there, haha.
haha yea, we need to get some diversity. i know CentralPennSaab held an event in philadelphia on the same day, but maybe we can drag some of them out to the summer meet.

Man, I wish I'd been keeping track of the date of this meet a little better. I would've liked to join you guys. Ah well. Next time, I hope!
well keep an eye out for the summer date, we should be choosing a date / planning for it, soon enough

#202 ·
Man, I wish I'd been keeping track of the date of this meet a little better. I would've liked to join you guys. Ah well. Next time, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.