SaabCentral Forums banner

My new 2007 Saab 9.5 Aero...

8K views 105 replies 20 participants last post by  SaabScott 
#1 · (Edited)
AWESOME CAR... I LOVE IT! :p

#5 ·
Thanks guy's... :D

This is my third Saab and the best one for sure in term of overall performance... The handling and the power is the big surprise, this car weight 3600 lbs and it feel like a GO-KART! :lol: Wow... Thank's to the Michelin PS2, the F1 shifting and BSR tuning! Just awesome... :p

#8 ·
9.5Aero07 said:
Thanks guy's... :D

This is my third Saab and the best one for sure in term of overall performance... The handling and the power is the big surprise, this car weight 3600 lbs and it feel like a GO-KART! :lol: Wow... Thank's to the Michelin PS2, the F1 shifting and BSR tuning! Just awesome... :p

did you own a viggen before?

I like the variation of slit 5 spoke wheels, and the new front is growing on me. in fact I just saw a pic of a new to come honda accord and it looks like they (and others) are starting to emulate it.

#9 · (Edited)
Hahaha... It's not a factory VIGGEN, but a high performance dealer package! :lol: They have 2 packages... The Sport and the Race package! I have the Sport Package... The Race was too expensive for me! :(

VIGGEN Sport Package :
17x8 wheel's
245/40/17 Michelin PS2 or PZero Rosso (Your choice)
High performance sway-bar F/R
High performance 3" downpipe with cat
High performance wastegate and dump valve
BSR programmer tuning
K&N air filter drop in

VIGGEN Race Package :
All the Sport Package +
High performance adjustable coilover damper kits
Heavy duty springs-rate
High performance strut-bar F/R
255/40/17 Michelin PS2 or PZero Rosso (Your choice)

#12 ·
9.5Aero07 said:
Hahaha... It's not a factory VIGGEN, but a high performance dealer package! :lol: They have 2 packages... The Sport and the Race package! I have the Sport Package... The Race was too expensive for me! :(

VIGGEN Sport Package :
17x8 wheel's
BSR programmer tuning
K&N air filter drop in

VIGGEN Race Package :
All the Sport Package +
Heavy duty springs-rate
that's cool, didn't know they had such dealer packages. well... I wouldn't be surprised to find they don't offer that in the US or especially california. *sniff

#16 ·
Congratulations!

Amaizing car!
Many happy miles with it.
All dealers must do so.Great idea.:cheesy:

#17 ·
The wastegate thingy is interesting, no other tuner seems to specify these :confused:

Just a shame its an auto - looks great ;)

As for doing these mods yourself, you would void your warranty, which was a large chunk of the price paid :cry:

#18 · (Edited)
9.5Aero07 said:

VIGGEN Sport Package :
17x8 wheel's
BSR programmer tuning
K&N air filter drop in

VIGGEN Race Package :
All the Sport Package +
Heavy duty springs-rate
ok my question is this: who is the manufacturer for these upgrades in bold above? We need to find out b/c to my knowledge these can't be purchased anywhere. Well let me correct that:

Sway bars
- either they are Aero spec or, if they are bigger, who's the manufacturer so we can source these? The only one bigger than the Aero's was that guy "rayyang" or whomever that was in Asia trying to charge too much so we cancelled the group buy.

coilover kit?!?!?!
- there's a kit for 9-5's up to 2001 of course, but I've NEVER seen one for the updated hub design. Is the front suspension setup the same in the '06+ models as in the '02-'05 models? If so I want this coilover kit. Again, where do we source these?

strut bars
-
"moose"parts has a front strut tower brace, but that's the only one I've seen, and it's for left-hand drive cars. I've NEVER seen a rear one available. Lastly, where do we source these?

Everything else listed can be had aftermarket. If anyone can get some leads on this stuff it would be very helpful in the search! Cheers.

#19 ·
9.5Aero07 said:

VIGGEN Sport Package...

VIGGEN Race Package...
couple thoughts...

...looks like a dealer's shot at a factory stage 3...or close. :confused: with the option of an upgraded suspension.

...hopefully they don't offer this power increase on the standard 9-5 suspension. :eek:

...i guess the dealer can do whatever they want, but not sure about the viggen badges. imo they look out of place.

...i've seen other brands offer special "dealer packages" although this is VERY rare. i doubt you'd see this on a audi, volvo, bmw. and you have to be careful with servicing and warranty claims as other dealers may not honor the selling dealerships coverage.

...nice seats and nice car!

#20 ·
Strange it has the stock intercooler too :confused:

#23 ·
honungsbi said:
actually... I would do it myself. ;)

but that doesn't take away from the fact that many, yourself included, might prefer to purchase such a vehicle new set up like that straight from a dealer. and when that is an option it's cool to have.

I understand what you say... But you have to buy the car NEW to have that! It's nice to do it with the dealer, because you don't have any warranty issues... ;)

#26 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
The wastegate thingy is interesting, no other tuner seems to specify these :confused:

Just a shame its an auto - looks great ;)

As for doing these mods yourself, you would void your warranty, which was a large chunk of the price paid :cry:

The adjustable wastegate look like my KINETIC... I have a Dodge SRT-4 also and the best wastegate on market right now for my SRT-4 is the KINETIC, you can put 30 lbs of boost on it without any problem, just turn the bolt's! Hahaha... It's look so similar??? Ummm maybe it's the same...

Automatic trany... Do you ever try the new Sentronic 5 speeds trany? It's a wonderful trany set-up that allows manuel gear changes using paddles on the steering wheel like F1 style and the current gear is indicated on the instrument panel! It's probably faster than the old manuel primitive gear box to tell you the true... ;)

Yeah your right, the warranty is ligit when you do the works at the dealer, but you pay the price also! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.