SaabCentral Forums banner

900 Turbo AC Pulley diagram

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scantar 
#1 ·
I bought a well used 1987 900 Turbo, the AC belt is missing and I think there is supposed to be an idler or tensioner pulley. There is not, I suspect that it mounts on a bracket that has a stud sticking out on the starboard side of the engine. I suspect the old pulley seized and the prior owner removed it and the belt.
I need a picture of the tensioner pulley set up or a diagram in order to ensure I get it all put back correctly.
Anyone know the correct replacement pulley part number, OEM or aftermarket.

#2 ·
Mines off at the moment. I'll take a pic for you tomorrow and post it if noone else chimes in sooner. The pulley/bearing are available at your FLAPS. The bracket and hardware you'd need to grab at a junkyard if you're missing.

#3 ·
The idler pulley just spins freely on the shaft at the back (front) of the engine. I doubt that it seized up...more likely the p.o. just removed it to take the ac out of the belt equation. I have an extra - with the mounting bolt - that you can have since I pulled my ac from the vert.

#4 ·
The bracket and stud (w bolt) are there, just the pulley is missing, i see they are available on ebay for 16$, I'll just order one and see if it fits, any idea what length belt goes on that set up?
The system has about 1 psi in it, I think I'll vacuum the system out and see how long it hold vacuum before putting 50$ worth of R12 in it. Plus its 38 degrees outside right now, so the urgency to fix it is not high.

#5 ·
Section: HC50
Top Width (in): .5
Top Width (mm): 13
Outside Circumference (in): 47.125
Outside Circumference (mm): 1196

You can just walk into your local McParts store and ask for the ac belt for your car. It'll show in their computer and they most likely will have it in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.