SaabCentral Forums banner

Another A/C situation

657 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  busaboy 
#1 ·
On 6/25/2010, I had my a/c serviced by the local indie Saab shop. The invoice reads "Evacuated and charged the a/c system. Installed a dye into the system." I paid a hundred bucks, and drove off in a refrigerator.

I was told to return in two weeks so he could check for any possible leaks. I went back on 7/15/2010 and was told there were none. When I got back home the "coolant level low" light was on and some coolant had leaked onto garage floor.

The following morning the a/c blows hot air now so I returned to the shop, had the a/c recharged & vacuumed again (this time free), and a hairpin leak was found.

I am driving from Utah to Chicago this weekend. I don't want to wait around for the parts for the shop to fix the a/c when it should have been done the first time. Plus, how do I know I will drive away with cold air that stays this time after I pay more money?

Would one of those cans at the auto parts store work for me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.