SaabCentral Forums banner

no heat - where to start

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cjhutch 
#1 ·
Wifey just called me after her ride into work this morning, no heat in the 9-3. 2003 arc with the auto climate control.

She says the heat worked if turned on high, but blew cold otherwise. I really don't know squat about heating/cooling systems like ours so I could sure use some schoolin on the topic. I searched a couple times, but nothing useful.

Any ideas what it is or where I should start looking?

thanks

#2 ·
I had something similar happen, but it was blowing hot air in the summer. First thing to do is check the temperature reading on the SID. Mine was reading 64 degrees on a 98 degree day and with the ACC I could not override it to make it blow anything colder. The problem was the outside temperature sensor was messing up. It's located right behind the front grill and you can get to it fairly easily. The thing is there is also a connector right behind the fog light area on the driver's side. For me it was just the connector coming lose and after I plugged it back in everything was fine. I can't get a picture for you right now, but I would try the connector first. It's a small rectangular box with a red clip on the top. Squeeze in and pull and it will come lose. You can access it easily by just laying on the ground and reaching in there right behind the fog light area. Blow out the connector to make sure no debris is in it and then plug it back in and check your SID again. Total time is maybe 2 minutes to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.