SaabCentral Forums banner

front coil spring

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  wonkyhamster 
#1 ·
Does anyone have access to Saab part numbers for front coil springs please? eEuroparts has only one part number for all 1998 NG900! I would have thought that convertibles vs sedan, manual trans vs automatic and 4 cyl vs 6 cyl would require a range of springs to provide correct ride heights!

#2 · (Edited)
The following is from the EPC for a 1998 900. I don't know if you'll be able to see any color codes on them after all these years. If you can find the VIN Plate, (I think inside the drivers door jamb), you should see a string of number and letter codes along the bottom. There should be 10 codes, each possibly separated by a "-". The first code is supposed to be the front spring code.

Article : Spring
PartNo : 4483160
Usage : CODE=AG
Supplementary Description : red/red
Order Quantity : 2

PartNo : 4483178
Usage : CODE=AH
Supplementary Description : tan/red

PartNo : 4483186
Usage : CODE=AJ
Supplementary Description : red/white

PartNo : 4483194
Usage : CODE=AK
Supplementary Description : white/white

PartNo : 4483202
Usage : CODE=AL
Supplementary Description : white/orange

PartNo : 4483210
Usage : CODE=AM
Supplementary Description : white/blue

#3 · (Edited)
so you are saying that there are 6 different springs for a 98 900? eEuroparts indicates there is one! I think I need to have a chat with them:confused:

The color marks are present and indicate red/white IIRC. The part number for this color code is 4483186, but the eEuroparts number is 4483194 which conforms to number 4483194!!!!

A comment on the eEuroparts site says "Front spring for any 94-98 900. Stiffer turbo version now used on all models".

#4 ·
It's probably worth a phone call to your local dealer's parts department to see what they can tell you about the various p/n's and while you're at it you might as well ask how much $$$ they get for them. I've found that some parts are not much more money than the online suppliers while others are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.