SaabCentral Forums banner

were can i get timeing gears in the uk?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  rufusrusty 
#1 ·
hi ,anybody know were i can get timeing gears in the uk??? i need camshaft and ballance shaft gears ,on inspection i find the ballance shaft has a fair bit of movement ,but not much movement in the camshaft , but i have a rattle from the front of the engine :roll: i dont want to loose the engine as it is in my transit van ,and i wont be able to replace it if it goes bang!

#6 ·
Ok, no drama. The pricelist on that link is in PDF file format. If your computer can't read it you probably don't have a PDF reader such as Acrobat, It's a big download which you can get at

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I'd suggest getting a) a mate who has a copy of Acrobat on a CD to load it on your PC, or b) buying a PC magazine which has all common programs on the freebie CD that they usually come with and loading it from the CD, or c) downloading from the above site and watch your life slip by..unless you're on broadband in which case it won't take too long at all!

Message me if you have any more probs.

In the meantime you can suss this out

http://www.skandix.com/us/saab96.html

#9 ·
hi mate yes have tried them, she is back together now and running fine ,still makeing the noise from the ballance shaft or were ever its comeing from ,i did 320miles in it the other week and she never mist a beat!:lol: because of the parts problem i will be takeing the engine out in a couple of months and fitting a english engine to the van! how much would i get for my old engine ? its like new inside and 15000 miles only from new 1.7 ,s are hard to find over here arent they????? .mark

#11 ·
:lol: i know the english engine is no were near as good as the german, if only it was 2ltr:( i have a caravan to pull as well and 65hp is just not enouph! i will rebild a 2ltr v4 and hopefully fit a overdrive gearbox thats my plans hopefully!.mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.