SaabCentral Forums banner

vented seart conversion/ now i have an Airbag lingt.. what to do?

963 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ethanv88 
#1 ·
I just got done with my Vented seat conversion. but while doing so i turned on the key with the right front seat out. so now i have a airbag light on.

i have both seats in now and working but still have an airbag light
will this go out after a while ?
or do i have to go the dealer to have them clear it ?

Thanks Ethan

#2 ·
It's supposed to go away after ~30 driving cycles if everything is OK.

How was the conversion? Did you have any problems hooking up the switches?Was the wiring there or did you have to put one in?

Let me know as I have been toying with the idea for quite some time.

#12 ·
the wiring wasn't there:roll: so i got the wiring diagrams for the vented seats. ran my own wires, 3 for each seat + a ground. i ran 6 wires from the switches to underneath the parking brake handle, then had them split off to go to each of the seats.
then ran the power wire from the switches to the fuse block. There was already a spot for vented seats in the fuse block.

i got the harnesses from under the seats out of the donor car, then removed the needed pins from those harnesses and plugged them in to the existing harness in my car (4 wires for each seat). Then i connected the new wires to the wires out of the donor harness.
there is a separate ground for the vent motors that comes through the plug under the seats, hence the 4th wire. I Grounded those to the existing seat grounds.

It was a bit of a project altogether, but well worth it in the end, I love those seats!

#3 ·
Oooh, love those seats. So you don't have to marry the new airbag to the car at the dealer? Does this 30 cycle trick work for other parts of the car as well (ACC, Radio, NAV...) I'd love to get a hold of these to see if they'll fit in a C900...no working side airbag of course.

#4 ·
nope the code appeared due to the srs bags being unplugged from the controller when the seats were removed. Probably could have avoided code if battery was off for a good while before the start of the swap.

It is a good rule of thumb when ever you work on anything with an airbag involved you should remove the negative battery terminal and wait at least 20-30 minutes as to avoid a deployment.

#6 ·
i know, see i did have it disconnected but one of my windows was down and it started raining. so i had to hook up the battery and put up the window. i had a good feeling it would happen but i didn't want water in there.

What year is the car the seats went into? and what year are the seats they came from? The reason I ask is it could have something to do with the passenger presence system.
my car is a 2000. The donor car was also a 2000

#9 ·
This has happend to several members - I really dont understand why you would turn the ignition on with parts disonnected - personally I would have disconnected the battery and allowed the residule power to dissipate rather than have a light come on or have a side air bag go off in my face :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.