SaabCentral Forums banner

less than 7psi?

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Pontius DIO 
#1 ·
ok so im having an issue. i have a MBC+A and i have been running it on 15 psi for a long while now and all of a sudden it wont boost more than 7 psi. i have tried turning the MBC up and nothing happens. i have the stock base intercooler and piping. i was thinking that since its the original piping i might have a boost leak from the rubber pipe since it is old and has some cracking. my thought was also on the waste gate. is there a way to rule out certain things to know for sure? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!;ol;

#3 ·
i hate to ask but how do i go about checking that lol. pull the vacuum hose off and plug said hose up and see if it boost fine? or should i take it off and is there a way to clean it? this could be a long lasting problem and it finally fully gave out. i wasnt seeing full boost(15psi) till about 3k. i have a cat delete and my MBC running 93 of course. stock tune and everything else is stock. THanks for the help! this is why i love this forum, you get a straight answer and people arent trying to troll (too much at least lol)

#5 ·
right on the money sir. i have recently heard a loud honking when i wouldnt fully let out of the throttle and i thought it was just the perfect pressure and opening to make that sound. i believe it is the original bosch diverter valve so that would be the issue i believe. thanks for your input. it is all greatly appreciated. once i put a new one on i will make sure that is the case a:cheesy:nd get back to you guys. thanks again:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.