SaabCentral Forums banner

vibration noise

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  yfs87 
#1 ·
:confused: Ive had this problem for a few months a vibration its hard to explain this but when driving their is a vibrating noise from whear i dont no, when on the motorway its loud it sounds if its coming from the back of the car ive checked all the usiale places when i turn the car left it seems to go away had new barings fitted to the front, back new drive shaft fitted 4 new tiers new stainless steel exust front to back wich was dun in a sabb garage that causte me an arm and a leg the car is a standard 900i non turbo the car has dun 149578 mils but still goes like stink witch still gives a few people on the road a shock and gets serviced on a regular bases. thought it might be the front engin mountings but they seem to be ok. I no its not a good explination but any help would be appreciated thanks

#5 ·
grab hold of the exhaust and give it a waggle, up down side to side if you hear and noise it might be that it not quite lined up properly and is vibrating on the underside of the car. check the rubber /mountings/supports on back box are both in place, as with one gone it will rattle a lot

#6 ·
yep tried the exust thing and its not that. it starts to get louder over speeds of 70 mph but its not as loud at slower speeds it wont go away apart from when im turning right then it stops then as i straighten up it starts again im going to get it up on the ramps tomorow and have a good look wether permiting that is

#7 ·
sounds like an inner driver, check all your boots (inner and outter cvs) and make sure everything is supple and not cracked

#13 ·
just because you have replaced the inner and outer cv's doesnt mean the drivers aren't knackered. i have replaced an axle only to find out the driver was scored and needed to pull it all apart again. my symptoms in that situation were much like yours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.