SaabCentral Forums banner

Speaker sizes?

33K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Munki 
#1 ·
Help, I need to know all the speaker sizes in the car, there are 2 in the dash, 2 in front doors and 2 in rear doors. But what size are they?

#2 ·
Depending on which stereo you've got you will have either:
AS1, 2 dash, 2 rear door
AS2, 3 dash, 2 front door, 2 rear door
AS3, 3 dash, 2 front door, 2 rear door, 2 'subs' rear shelf

Sizes are:
AS1
Dash speakers = 3.5"
Rear doors = 4"

AS2
Dash Speakers = 3.5"
Dash centre = 2.5"
Front doors = 6.5"
Rear doors = 4"

AS3
Dash speakers x3 = 2.5"
Front doors = 6.5"
Rear doors = 2.5"
Rear shelf = 6x9"

No wiring exists to the rear shelf unless AS3 was originally fitted...
All oem speakers are incredibly weird impedences...

#3 ·
:D Cheers for that info, much needed. I must have the AS2 system, weird set up if you ask me. Im glad about the 6x9's though as i have already got a set from my last car that are excellent. Will look for a nice set for the front doors, but the rest will have to be disconnected i reckon. I wish they would put a better system in, in the first place though, really frustrating. I know they sound OK, but as soon as you push any decent bass through, the sound is terrible. One question though, is the centre speaker in the dash connected to the S.I.D.? The alarm and sounds seem to come from there. :-?

#4 ·
No the SID has its own internal speaker..

are you sure about quality, I've got AS2 to and it seems more than adequate, although I'm thinking of adding some 6x9's as 'subs' to beef up the bass a little!
Try going thorugh the 'hidden' menu and adjust start up vol, and loudness controls..

hold down TP button and switch on...
for some reason turning start up vol to 20-4 and allowing it to reset amp makes a difference! :-??

#6 ·
Murph, cheers, you certainly know your stuff mate. Not slagging the sound system off, but I think i must be a bass head!!! If you want some good 6x9's then i can recommend the alpines, thats what is gonna go in mine, as i had them in my last car, and once nicely bedded in they sound great. And cheap for the quality you get. Im gonna do away with the AS2 unit and put my Alpine unit in, with the 6x9's in the back, Alpine components in the front doors and a nice Alpine sub and amo in the back. That should get the effect i am after. I would love to hear the Harmon/ Kardon AS3 system though to see the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.