SaabCentral Forums banner

took out the radio now car wont start

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  pascettaa 
#1 ·
Hey today i took my cd changer apart because there was a cd stuck in it i got the cd out re insalled the cd changer in the car now it wont start and it says immobilizer failure on the screen so i disconected the batt for awhile and still nothing

#3 ·
You should make sure all of the cables back there are in properly, because if your head unit is unplugged it would cause the immobilizer failure.

#6 ·
so i just took it all out to ensure all wire are connected and they are . when i turn the car on it wont start alos cd changer lights and climat controle lights wont come on . am i getting this faulire because of both units not working . if so dosnt anyone know how much saab chagres for a new cd changer and climat controle

#10 ·
The multi disc changer has 3 plugs on the back. Check carefully. I've switched keys before with an immob failure showing to start a car.

Something sounds loose. The CD is the only thing that you changed so it should be solvable w/out dealer involvement. You may want to check the climate control or other wire hook-ups in back. Try employing a auto wand mirror with a flashlight. More work: Try removing dash starting with center & left vents along with 6 screws. Work your way down the stack to be sure everything is connected. Further, check fuses to see if you popped one.

#11 ·
Is this a new unit? I know there are certain components that need to be married to your car, which would have to be done via tech II at a dealership (or if you're lucky an independant garage).

EDIT: re-read your first post and it doesn't sound like it's a new unit, but like the others have said, check the connections again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.