SaabCentral Forums banner

Cold feet, cloudy vision- ACC error code 14

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  andrewneil 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 9-5 wagon that recently quit putting air through the bottom and top vents. The heat is working and AC is, too, I think (it's been mighty cold in Missouri the past few weeks). I attempted to reset the ACC system as per directions in the owner's manual and re-calibrate.

It came up with 1....14 as an error code, which is motor and damper lack mechanical connection, diagnostic trouble code B2405 - thanks to JCarpio for an earlier post on ACC error codes.

Does anyone know if this is this a relatively easy fix I can do myself? For the record, I once replaced a blower motor via dashectomy in my '83 Volvo- not an experience I'd like to repeat.

Or, how much is this going to cost me? The other problem is that the nearest Saab dealer is 130 miles away!

#3 ·
Thanks Kermit, but I'm confused. Before I posted here I emailed saabservices.com about the code and they told me: "the distribution drum is driven by a servo on the passenger side. it has a square shaft running through it. the shaft has moved toward the drivers side and is no longer attached to the servo."

So, I read up on the 08 code and did some investigating in the car. I couldn't find any broken pieces on the driver's side. On the passenger side, I located the gears that should turn to direct the air from top, middle, and floor. Nothing's broken that I can see. When I turn it by hand, I can feel it turn the crankshaft inside. But, I can't feel or hear the motor turning when I switch from floor to top with the ACC controls.

Am I correct to assume that the motor is bad, or do I have to take it out to make sure? Could there just be a short somewhere?

Many thanks!

Attachments

#4 ·
This is what SAAB's workshop manual says for fault code B2405....

SAAB's recomendations are as follows

1. Remove component motor (leave wiring in place)
2. Do a calibration on the system to see if the motor moves, if no motion from motor then replace.
3. If motor does activate, then check flaps for binding or for loose/damaged parts. Replace motor and recalibrate system again.
4. If fault code re-occurs then it could be a control module fault not the motor/flap assembly.

#6 ·
i work at a saab dealer,and we get theses heater box problems rather frequently. we have a repair kit availible,its not made by saab or approved by saab but it work,its much cheaper and less time consuming than replacing the heater box,if your interested send me a p.m...thanks

#7 ·
I was thinking the motor was near the center console, that's the photo I posted, but, duh, that's just the vent flap. The motor is on the left behind the glove box. I finally noticed a clicking sound coming from the right panel vent each time I pressed the ACC controls to floor, top, or middle. Took the glove box out, i.d.'d the clicking motor, the top one, took it off and tested it as Kermit suggested. It gets juice, but the mechanism doesn't turn, just clicks. Bad motor, I guess. But it's $150 part. Yikes!

By the way, thanks for the help. This is my first Saab, having upgraded from Volvos, so I'm still green to their idiosyncrasies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.