SaabCentral Forums banner

'03 93 spoiler damage

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  frijoe 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 saab 93 that is in great condition but the spoiler is bubbling. It looks terrible and is detracting from the cars appearance. Attached is a picture.... Anyone have this problem, any recomendations?

See less See more
#3 ·
That would be caused by two things: Poor surface prep before painting and over tightening the spoiler.

Those lines you see in the paint are exactly where the studs that mount the spoiler to the trunk are located.

so take it to get the spoiler re painted? - resealed?

it's a pretty odd color, very dark green: so im not sure if I'd be charged extra for them trying to match the color. your thoughts?

#6 ·
Looks like clearcoat failure. I would get it reprepped and resprayed. I dunno about your area but a good shop around my area would prob do it for 300.00. OR you can order a new painted spoiler online for less:

http://www.carid.com/2007-saab-9-3-spoiler/spoiler-41702.html

great idea, i was looking around for something like that a few weeks ago but there are just a ton of garbage web sites out there. quick question though... i noticed that is for a 2007 9-3... would that fit my 2003 9-3 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.