SaabCentral Forums banner

A/C and Heat not working... Help?!

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bob3000 
#1 ·
I own a 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero that the A/C and heat stopped working in. For a week or two it would work when it felt like it and then one day it just stopped working completely. I believe its just my cabin fan which is what I plan on replacing but just was wondering if anyone has had any similar problems to this and what they had to replace...

#4 ·
Not a Hi Jack However

Our new to us 2000 9 - 5 156k ACC has exactally the same issue.

Replaced Fuse # 22, with no result.

Performed various code display options, with no result.

Tried holding the Auto and Down arrow buttons at Start Up to No Avail.

Have read fan motor replacements posts, plan on "hot" wiring fan motor this weekend.

Fan control on the dash shows that the fan is at the top of the speed range, but no sound, or air coming from the vents.

Thanks

#5 ·
Same here

Worked on the way home one day and 2 hours later I got in the car and NOTHING! No fan noise and no air coming out at all! I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Please let me know what you find on your issues if anything!

Thanks

#7 ·
When i first bought my 9-5 i had this same problem. I was thinking of replacing the fan but i decided befor doing that I would take it out and clean it just to check it out. I took it out, then pulled the cover off of the fan motor and took the bushing out then cleaned them. I then plugged the motor in and it started spinning like new. I would advise doing this since it costs alot for a new blower motor. I was very happy when i realised i didnt need a new blower :)

#10 ·
Blower motor issue or resistor?

im somewhat mechanically inclined but im stumped... fan quit working one day so i checked the fuse and it was blown, so new fuse installed and much to my surprise it blew again... with the new fuse it will work for about 15 or 20 minutes then it goes... sounded like a ground or short, so i checked everything and found nothing... someone please help! its getting damn cold and the heated seats only warm my ***, not my face... thanks in advance, any and all help is appretiated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.