SaabCentral Forums banner

Reverse Lights, Rear wiper and R side mirror

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Al's Red Wagon 
#1 ·
Hello (1)a few days ago my reverse lights stoped working, at the same time my right mirror would not work for the reverse function (works otherwise) and the rear wiper stopped going on when you have the wipers on and put the car in reverse. the fus is blown. when I replaced the fuse and put it in reverse it blows right away.
this is a 2001 wagon.
Is there any typical area that could cause the short? I ve read about the wire boot on the sedans but dont have it on my wagon.

(2) also one day when I opened the door the seat went all the way forward and up. when I tried to reset it it would only move for 1 second then stop for 1 second then start again back and forth until I reach the desired position, any ideas?

#3 ·
Kermit said:
Have you had any electrical work done recently that would involve taking door cards, interior panels off etc? This sounds a typical fault of a pinched wire causing a short and these strange electrical gremlins.

none done...

car is kinda new to me ( weeks) I remember in the OG 900s the cat converter would melt the wires by the drivers (left) foot. and wondered if there were some point in the 9-5s that something similar could happen. I did read about the sedans and in the boot or trunk but I have a wagon and think the wires are inside of the hinge??
thanks

#4 ·
srmoose said:
none done... (that you know of?)

car is kinda new to me ( weeks)
I fear the previous owner may have had work done and couldn't find the fault either so got rid of the car. I would have said check the trunk hinge but it doesn't apply to the wagon. I'm afraid you may have to go to an auto electrician.

Can anybody confirm whether DICE controls these components? I no longer have the Saab software on my pooter. :(

#5 ·
Kermit said:
I fear the previous owner may have had work done and couldn't find the fault either so got rid of the car. I would have said check the trunk hinge but it doesn't apply to the wagon. I'm afraid you may have to go to an auto electrician.

Can anybody confirm whether DICE controls these components? I no longer have the Saab software on my pooter. :(

I would have suspectd that except when I bought the car it was working, it worked for about weeks and then died a fast death. I fear the electrician and the DICE!
there is a cut in the carpet on the left side by the drivers left foot with a bunch of wires runing toward the back but I am not sure if that has he Reverse lights and wires seem OK, I just wonder why it was cut there too suspiciously close to the wires. still waiting on my WIS wg=hich I hope will help direct me toward the correct spot. or at least know where the wires are.
I am hoping I can find it as I have a little time right now.
thanks alot

#6 ·
DICE controls the following:

Exterior Lighting
Interiorlighting
Lighting for buttons and controls
Ittermittent Windscreen Wiper
Wash/Wipe systems, Rain sensor
Washer fluid system (5D)
Ittermitant rear (5D
Headlamp Wipers
Electrically heated rear window and door mirrors
Radiator Fan System
and Air conditioning

I had several electrical systems fail and I had blown a Maxi fuse while cleaning up some wiring after a gauge install: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123622

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.