SaabCentral Forums banner

car audio and lowering options.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ROOPS 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum so sorry if im posting in the wrong section, i just purchased a used 2003 93ss 2.0T, there is a few things im conerned about, the first is the audio, iv read some posts on here and im having trouble understand what i should do? i basically just wanna be able to install my amp and sub and my flipout navigation pioneer avic n3 deck.... and where i could install it??? could i use it instead of my 6 disc cd changer??

My 2nd concern is lowering the car??? should i go with the koni struts and vogland springs? or is there full adjustable coilover available for the car??? i cant find the coilovers anywhere, i heard H&R has coilovers for the saab..... and i know with 4 doors the car usually sags and is alittle lower in the back....

thank you guys and sorry if i posted in the wrong section.

Roops.

#3 ·
There are 3 coilovers available.

KW, H&R and there's this other one, is it megan? I can't recall. do a search.

As for sagging and ride height, the coilovers are height adjustable.

Mine is wedge shaped. front is lowered by 30-35 and rear is lowered by 25-30.
1 finger space infront and 1.5 finger space at the rear. handles a lot better, turning is sharper. especially with camber adjustments.

#4 ·
Dach said:
There are 3 coilovers available.

KW, H&R and there's this other one, is it megan? I can't recall. do a search.

As for sagging and ride height, the coilovers are height adjustable.

Mine is wedge shaped. front is lowered by 30-35 and rear is lowered by 25-30.
1 finger space infront and 1.5 finger space at the rear. handles a lot better, turning is sharper. especially with camber adjustments.
And which ones do you have exactly?

#5 ·
I am running on KW Var 2. I am hoping that they do a Var 3 or something similar if there is enough demand from the market.

I'd have to say I am very pleased with them. if you are looking for something more for cruising and some sportiness, the Var 1 are enough. or even the Koni adjustables.

#8 ·
hi for the audio, i have left teh original head unit(~top) on as if you take that off teh car wont start.

and replace the cd unit (bottom, above ashtray) with my flip out unit, looks niic, will get pics.

and i have 2 15inch kicker compvrs, and custom made box, and still with bags of bootspace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.