SaabCentral Forums banner

Need some diagrams!

967 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bkrell 
#1 ·
Can someone PLEASE give me exploded views of the auto trans cooler area and the coolant bypass valve area? I've put this off too long. Now the car is falling apart....

#2 ·
Well, despite accidentally posting this in the 900 forum I got it figured out. I had overnighted a coolant bypass valve only to find one at the SAA/Caddy dealer today. Believe it or not, the SAAB price was $67 while the Caddy price was $90! Thankfully they let me have it for the SAAB price even though it had the Caddy pt number. Now I have to figure out what to do with the extra one from eeuro.....And fix the tranny cooler. I can't figure out WHERE it's leaking......

#3 ·
I'm glad we helped then :p

#5 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I'm glad we helped then :p
But you did! When I originally posted about the leak, all I gave was the location and two or three people said "Coolant bypass valve!"

Kermit-yeah, I now have a better idea of what to do with the tranny leak. I was looking in my Haynes and didn't realize the tranny cooler was just that metal "U-pipe." I thought it was one of the various radiator-like bits up front. Now that I know exactly where to look, I think I can take care of it. Good thing-my parking spot at work looks like the Exxon Valdez parks there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.