SaabCentral Forums banner

Evap code P1444

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  saabfann 
#1 ·
I bought an 02 9-3 SE, can't register it until it passes New York state inspection, but MIL is on. Code is P1444 "Canister close valve circuit open/short to ground" nothing at work has anything on it, and I can't even find a proper wiring diagram to check the ground. When the light is cleared it comes back within minutes. Anyone else run into this issue? Any help is appreciated!

#2 ·
I hate these codes, the language is nearly incomprehensible....
As a guess, check the operation of the purge valve and , of course. all the vacuum lines..
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223790
hope this helps
Also do the full battery and charging system service....If this has not been done recently.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I read somewhere else too that the purge valve can get stuck closed and cause weird codes. My boss at work doesn't think so and says the language of the code seems like an electrical fault for a solenoid. Maybe we'll warm the car up and see if we hear the valve click and operate, if it doesn't I'll try cleaning it. The battery was replaced in January 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.