SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Speed

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  ANTMAR 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the top speed of the 04 9-3 Linear is? I was thinking I heard 143mph.

#3 ·
I got too 200 km/h before I had to slow down......truck traffic on freeway's and the general lack of trust I have with other driver's on the road prevented me from wanting to go faster. I believe I could have gone up to 240 km/h though....

Paul

#8 ·
I had an indicated 135 mph on my '03 Linear on a closed airport runway. At that point, it definitely cut the boost and just maintained the speed. It was still pulling at the indicated 135 mph, but definitely not that strongly.

I am thinking the indicated 135 mph is actually about 130 mph for the H-Rated tires that came standard on my car.

#10 ·
A brochure I have lists the following:

For the SS range:

Equipped with a 1.8i Motor and M5: TS=200 Km/hr

Equipped with a 1.8t Motor & M5: TS=210 Km/hr

Equipped with a 1.8t Motor & A5: TS=210 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.0t Motor & M5: TS=220 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.0t Motor and A5: TS=220 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.0T Motor and M5: TS=235 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.0T Motor and M6: TS=235 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.0T Motor and A5: TS=230 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.8t Motor and M6: TS=240 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.8t Motor and A6: TS=235 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.8T Motor and M6: TS=250 Km/hr

Equipped with a 2.8T Motor and A6: TS=245 Km/hr

Equipped with a 1.9 TiD (120 BHP) Motor and M6: TS=200 Km/hr

Equipped with a 1.9 TiD (150BHP) Motor and M6: TS=210 Km/hr

Equipped with a 1.9 TiD (150BHP) Motor and A6: TS=210 Km/hr

This is of course for the european spec models. Maybe it is different in the states, but I kind of doubt it. I hope this helps because my fingers are cramped from typing :cheesy: .

#12 ·
JWLANKY said:
Apologies to the guys who have reached these speeds where legally allowed, but Saabcentral cannot promote or condone speeding on public roads & highways (see t&c's 10) - so I'm going to have to close this thread.

J
I don't think, leaving this topic opened, makes SC look as if they are Promoting Speeding on public roads? :nono; Am I missing something here?:confused:

Dave...

#14 ·
Well since Washington DC roads are populated by insane cab drivers and distracted moms behind the wheels of minivans and suv's, not to mention the 15mph rush hour traffic I guess top speed is irrelevant to me.

All I ask is a smooth ride at 80-90 mph when I can open it up. ;)

#15 ·
From what I understand or read - does a BSR ppc upgrade remove the limitations/governor on a 9-3ss? If a few have reportedly gone 140mph at 4500rpm's and the redline is just a tad over 6000rpm's - one would think a ppc tuned 9-3ss should be able to do 160mph+ with the governor removed and ample road space. Is my thinking flawed - if not pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.