SaabCentral Forums banner

9-3 SS/SC/CVT Member pic posting area - GRATUITOUS CAR PICS HERE

1M views 4K replies 855 participants last post by  swedespeed7 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I talked to the dealership today....I have my choice....
A grey vector
A cosmic blue arc (standard or automatic)
A black arc (manual)

Any advice?
Mattica

/Mod Edit/ Here's a nice place to put a picture of your car.

#577 ·
Statler said:
OMG, I never noticed, should I take it back?... ;) :lol:

Nah, I'd keep it - I heard in some countries the beer is so good people tend to drive on the wrong side of the road most of the time, this would make the wrong steering wheel location handy, I guess. :cheesy:

What is this little square thing with a button under right vent ?

#579 ·
Ummagumma said:
What is this little square thing with a button under right vent ?
It's a Parrot CK320 Bluetooth kit All correctly wired into the Infotainment system. unfortunately it doesn't extend to the steering wheel controls, but I believe this is a common bugbear in all 9-3's...

#584 ·

I took these photos on the 5000 mile road trip I took earlier this month. I drove from here to Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California and back through Oregon. I averaged 32.7 MPG for the whole trip, driving between 80-85 MPH the whole way and I couldn't be happier! (That includes driving over the 10,000 feet high rocky mountains in Colorado!) but I still ended up paying about $600 for gas. I bought it in March of this year, and currently it has about 6000 miles on it. #1 is in Park City, Utah, #2 and #3 are on back roads in Arizona.

#586 · (Edited)
Nocturne Blue TiD

Spent a couple of hours cleaning, really love this car. Just had her second birthday:

http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saab002copydf7.jpg
10k miles when I got her 9 months ago.

17k miles now, might just get to 20k before needing new tyres. I never spent as much time keeping a car look good, my wife and neighbours think I'm mad!

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saab005copymu2.jpg

Really goes for a Diesel, love the torque (apparently similar figures to BMW M3) and the roar about 2500 rpm, and the fact I average +45mpg. I'd never considered a Saab but glad I bought this car, although sometimes wish I'd waited for a sportswagon (for my dogs). I'm trying to find if it's got the lower sports suspension 'cos it seems to sit a bit lower than other Vectors I see on the roads.

May add a boot spoiler and I'm thinking of a Diesel tuning box that supposedly gets extra 25bhp and increased fuel efficiency. Oh..and maybe tints to the rear doors and back window. I still get that great feeling when I get in that I got when I first drove the car from dealers last year, never had a car that feels so right for me if you know what I mean.

Never done much in the way of mods but have fitted an ITG filter and added 6x9 Kenwoods in rear shelf. It has the 7 speaker system and sounds pretty good (to me) without extra amps/sub. It's also got the twin pipe silencer and I think some diesel Vectors only have the single pipe.

#591 ·
Nice vert.
btw, if the images are hosted on a server, you can insert the images by using the insert image icon in the message. that way, the link is embedded into the forum thread so us viewers dont have to click on it, but it will be loaded automatically. its a real p.i.t.a. to click on links here..

#592 ·
My recently purchased 2004 Arc. Not my first choice in color, but I just couldn't pass up the deal I was getting on this car. Found out via carfax (and verified with Saab USA) that this car was a CPO car, but the dealer who sold it to me didn't know that for some reason. Was looking for silver or gray, but this color will do.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2687740145_980601caf4.jpg?v=0

#593 ·
The color is nice...you're better off w/ a CPO car that runs well, despite the color. what good is a gorgeous paint color if the car's in the shop?

ps. you gotta get rid of those scuff marks on the driver-side kick-panel...but I'm sure you know that already..

#594 ·
MooF said:
ps. you gotta get rid of those scuff marks on the driver-side kick-panel...but I'm sure you know that already..
Yup. Another thing you might notice is that the driver's seat is only half detailed with the left side being a bit lighter. By the time I finished cleaning all the gunk from the leather, I must have darkened about 10 microfiber towels!

#595 ·
Evening all,

Well this is my first saab (family have had plenty so ive been exposed to them before, ignition in centre of car isnt a shock ... )

Picked it up on Friday last week, its an 2007 9-3 Linear Sport 2.0t -Polar White, its been raining almost since i picked it up so i dont have any good pics yet just this one i got off the camera phone after delivery.

love it so far apart from the tell tale GM signs, like that horrible handbrake !!!

Its much slower than my last car but i will get over it eventually (Subaru RS Liberty - which im in the process of selling)

few things ive got to have done to it, tinting, hands-free kit, maybe a HID conversion & a much needed audio upgrade !!

Phil

#600 ·
MooF said:
ok, now i see them.

Do you find the Fuzion tires loud? road noise?

I had to get rid of mine, couldnt hear the radio from the drone at highway speeds
Actually I love these tires. They are grippy enough for fun driving and to get me around in our horrible winters.

I drive 80 mph on the highway almost every day and they aren't that loud. My 87 Mercedes 300E made more road noise no matter what tires I put on it.

#601 ·
My 2003 9-3 Aero 2.0ltr T

Well here's my little beasty, had him two weeks, need to take some "arty" photos though, these are boring to you guys... it's got 67k on the clock, and I paid ÂŁ5800 notes for him... he's probably the best car I've had apart from my previous Peugeot 205 GTi

Going to replace all the speakers over the next month or two... and when the brake discs need replacing go for grooved ones, as these don't quite look right me thinks... be nice to replace calipers, however, that's mega money...

Cheers
Pug ;)