SaabCentral Forums banner

900 injectors

8K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Angus 
#1 ·
OK all you 900 boffins.............i need to know the cc's of the 16v turbo and non-turbo injectors, bosch only. I am looking for injectors around the 260-280 cc mark for my '99 project turbo killer' :eek:

#8 ·
the injectors on the 91 9000-turbo are the same way. they are lucas injectors, but I could only find their spec listed in one place and it was not that site... turns out the 91 9000-T uses a #38 injector! that's quite massive. I think some of the lower production cars injectors may not be listed on that site, however most cars you find in the junk yard you will be able to look the injectors up using that list.

#10 ·
emmett

i can run out and check mine if you want - the engine was a straight swap out from a carly.....

#11 ·
do you know what year Carly it was? Did you do the swap? Did you see the car it came from? i.e. are you sure it's a Carlsson engine and that the injectors wern't changed so they would be compatible with the ECU on your car?

Would be interesting to know which injectors you have if your sure it was from a carlsson. I have the injectors out of my carlsson sitting here on my desk but as I say, no idea what spec they are.

#12 ·
hi

IIRC the lucas injectors from ´90 have a green band 5720A510
and flow around 260 cc/min
Which is a little more than the lucas injectors from 91-93 787235 with an orange band. think flow is 220cc/min.

I just tried to find precise specs but I can´t. Sorry. Its taken from my poor memory and shouldn´t be treated as a fact.

Cheers

Svante

#13 ·
SG said:
hi

IIRC the lucas injectors from ´90 have a green band 5720A510
Which is a little more than the lucas injectors from 91-93 787235 with an orange band. think flow is 220cc/min.

I just tried to find precise specs but I can´t. Sorry. Its taken from my poor memory and shouldn´t be treated as a fact.

Cheers

Svante
Does anybody now if i can swap the orange injectors for the green injectors??

My Saab has a mod fuelchip and a 3.3 bar FPR, but done now if this makes a differance.

Gr, Bennie

#21 ·
Matthew said:
All Lucas FPT and LPT cars came with those injectors.

Resistance at 20°C (68°F): 2.0 - 2.8 ohms
Delivery flow: 108 - 132 ml/30s

That's injector data from the Saab CU14 service manual.

I have a problem with the boost on my 16s. The APC seems to be pulling the boost right back, so, amongst other things I swapped the injectors over.

My 1990 T16s has Green band 57320A 510's, the Ruby has D1152EA, yellow/orange band. Which are the biggest?

The Ruby has more power as standard so it should be those. I've done a bit of a swap and put the Ruby ones in the 16s, but still have the boost pulling back. Could it be that both sets just don't have the flow now due to age and wear etc. I have also swapped the APC units themselves, Red box in 16s now, and the APC solenoid valve in case it was faulty.

I'm only holding 0.5 bar and you can here the solenoid clicking away. Base boost is about 0.4 bar which I think is about right.

It appears to be a fuelling issue which is why I posted on the end of this one, any ideas welcome.

#22 ·
I suspect both sets of injectors flow the same quantity of fuel.

The Red Box upgrade didn't come with larger injectors. The stock injectors (especially the MY90+ Lucas 27lb/hr) are easily good for 220BHP, never mind the tiny 10BHP extra of the Red Box pack!

Given that your car's boost issues remained after the injector swap, I'd suggest that the problem lies elsewhere.

if the solenoid's clicking away, then either the APC thinks knock's occuring or there's an electrical fault of some sort. Check grounds, connections and condition of HT leads (for electrical interference).

#23 ·
Matthew said:
All Lucas FPT and LPT cars came with those injectors.

Resistance at 20°C (68°F): 2.0 - 2.8 ohms
Delivery flow: 108 - 132 ml/30s

That's injector data from the Saab CU14 service manual.
So a swap from orange too green band injectors would make any difference!?

Greets, Bennie

#25 ·
Any definite confirmation on this?

I can't say for sure, since there must be some difference between the two injector types. AFAIK know though, the impedances and flow-rates are the same, so in theory swapping them over shouldn't have any effect.
I have a problem with one of my green band FPT LUCAS injectors and need to replace it ASAP. I do not have a spare green injector but have 4 spare orange band injectors from an LPT. Is it 100% for definite that the flow rates of these 2 different injectors is the same? Can anyone link to a document that proves this? I will need to dothe swap anyway, but am a little concerned that I may suffer from lean running under high boost.
The quote here bothers me slightly - this was from Mr 'SG' earlier in this thread....
"IIRC the lucas injectors from ´90 have a green band 5720A510
Which is a little more than the lucas injectors from 91-93 787235 with an orange band. think flow is 220cc/min."
Looking forward to your replys,
TIA Angus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.