SaabCentral Forums banner

Gauges, gauges, gauges--Where to put them if you hate pods?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mike saunders 
#1 ·
I read that a 60mm will fit in the light switch hole, but has anyone seen any good placements other than boy-racer a-pillar pods? Here in the states, getting stopped with one of those is almost an instant ticket as the police will assume that you've been screaming down the tarmac at 120...

#3 ·
Same here, I got out of a 60 in a 40, it was knocked down to a seatbelt violation. And here in CT 15 over is reckless driving and mandatory court appearence and mine is on my A-Piller, boost gauge that is. As far as the light switch the only thing is that if you have dash trim than youll have a bit more to cut back but for the hole you just need to open the whole up a tad. I know that it has been done. Just leave your switch in the on posistion and let it be pushed back in the dash.

Mark

#4 ·
If you don’t mind changing your stereo you can fit three gauges in the dash. The hole still needs to be enlarged to fit everything you see.

#6 ·
Doh! ...

Eric, I have your site bookmarked so I should have remembered that DIN panel...

Is the bottom radio compatible with the stock CD changer? I really don't care about car audio so I'd just want the bare minimum...

#7 ·
Jeremy R. said:
I upholstered my A-pillar gauge pod in matching headliner fabric so it's very inconspicuous and looks pretty much stock. The last state trooper didn't even give me a ticket, just a scolding. :nono;
Same here, I got stopped going way too fast, at night so the trooper had to see the A-pillar gauges. Don't know if it was my temp license or b/c it was my birthday, but he chose to tell me to slow down. :nono;

Another spot I've seen that works well is the down in the coin try. Not the best spot to still keep your eyes on the road, but it works.

Yet another option is dash mounted, Yankton's 9000 used this.

Keep us posted.

#8 ·
wow....

that triple gauge pod is amazing...

not exactly inconspicuous up on the dash like that, but i still like it....

but I'm definitely getting those GReddy peak/hold gauges....

#9 ·
mike saunders said:
I'm definitely getting those GReddy peak/hold gauges....
The Apex'i gauges I have also have that function. In my opinion not worth the extra $$$$ for that function. I sold the boost gauge I had with peak/warning functions on ebay and replaced it with a mechanical gauge. The EGT I have still has those functions.

If you haven't seen them go here. The EGT is the bottom gauge.

#10 ·
The Apexi's look pretty nice...I like the basic font, looks closest to stock. I'm still sold on the peak/hold feature especially for EGT, maybe not so much for boost.

gotta admit, tho...I'm still not sold on the a-pillar pods. Maybe I have to see them upclose...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.