SaabCentral Forums banner

How many Saabs are in your driveway right now? Hmm?

2K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  philbert 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.
My name is JW.
I am a Saab addict.
Right now there are 4 c900s in my driveway.
That is down from 6 just a year ago.
Actually, the other 2 were in friend's yards.
But, they grew tired of my intrusive Saabness so I let them go.
The cars I sold.
The world is full of people, but only a few worthy c900s remain.

How many Saabs are in your driveway.
The back yard?
Friend's yards?

It's going to be ok.:cheesy: View attachment 13675

#4 ·
I don't have any pics right now but my main driveway has the '85 8v and the '91 turbo 'vert while the secondary drive has my '89 N/A.

Both the vert and '89 are reliable daily drivers and the '85 would be again if I fixed its radiator.

Have I mentioned I love my Saab's?

#11 ·
I am about to spend $1000 painting my 84 900t 8v which I wrecked last week.
$1000 looks very cheap for that.

The 900's on the road outside.
Ellie's 205 is in the drive.
The space next to the garage will have a 2cv chassis in it from next weekend.
In the garage is the 2cv van and one of the VeloSolexes.
In one of the other garages is Ellie's 2cv and the other VeloSolex.
In another garage is the other 2cv van.
In the last garage is the Mehari.

#6 · (Edited)
A 92 900s vert, A 93 9000CD and a 93 9000griffin are parked in my driveway. I have an 88 c900 fpt vert for parts in my shed, only 88000km on it.

#13 ·
Damn TwoManygarages, I'm feeling deprived right now with only one (double) garage to fill up with Saabs.
Only one of them is mine and located at the house - the other three are rented from the council. I can't work on cars at any of the rented ones, there's no power or water to any - including the one at the house (although I can run an extension lead to it) - oh, and I live on a steep hill, which makes moving cars around other than under their own power somewhat entertaining.

I'd kill for a decent garage.

#14 · (Edited)
Let's see... have an 87 N/A, 90 hatchback turbo SPG, and a 91 hatchback turbo in the driveway, an 83 turbo 4 dr sedan in the garage, and possibly a 92 N/A S variant about 1300 away miles in a storage lot (if the wife would check on it- it's in her name, so they won't release any data to me). Won't kick out the Harley, but the stepdaughters apartment (goods, not living there)in the third bay is looking REALLY expendable right now. Oh, yeah, forgot the stepdaughters Mitsi lancer and the wife's Kia Optima, and just recently traded in the 95 F150 and 2004 Sebring for the Kia.

#15 ·
Wow, 2 many, a council that provides more than just a library and rubbish collection? Still wondering what the municipal crooks around here do with my $1400 a year.

I do like the double garage that goes with our new house (and mortgage), though. Quite a step up for me as have always worked outdoors or in carports before. Powered, lighted, one side is a couple of metres longer and has a bench and cupboards. Only had it a month and still sorting out where everything goes but I know we'll be happy.

#16 ·
Wow, 2 many, a council that provides more than just a library and rubbish collection? Still wondering what the municipal crooks around here do with my $1400 a year.
Just under ten quid rent - per week - per garage, though.

Our council tax also covers police/fire/roads/social services etc etc - but even so, nearly £2000/year... (it's priced within each council's area according to the relative size/value of your house - ours is one bedroom but in a very nice town, so roughly half way up the bands)

#17 ·
Just one. My '89 900 3 door. I guess I'm just a one SAAB kind of guy (or at least my fiancee says I better be). Honestly though, I don't know if I could lavish the attention and, sometime, money that these cars need and deserve. However, if I could have my way, I'd get one of the last 8v 900 3 doors with a manual just to see the difference. For the right price, I'll keep my eyes peeled. :cool: In the mean time, I'll enjoy my $400 900.

*Curse you, jw, I wish I could hoard 900s like you do for the apocalypse, but I don't have the space or funds. You said it best yourself. There's only so many worth 900s left. :cry:

#19 ·
In my driveway right now, three

that I own? Dunno maybe a dozen, I don't count anymore...

wish I had a garage!

#24 ·
There are a total of six C900s parked at the homestead now. In chronological order with a brief history:

1987 900S hatchback. This was our first Saab 13 yrs ago. Still running strong with 315k, but rust is winning around the front wheels.

1989 Turbo Hatchback. 116k My oldest son's car who has his own apartment but no garage. We bought it a few months ago w/ blown HG. It's now ready to roll; he just needs to purchase the plates tomorrow.

1989 SPG Edwardian Gray. 225k. Bought this rust free car in Phoenix 4 mos. ago. Youngest son drives it to college.

1990 SPG Talladega Red. 230k. Bought this rust free car in Dallas almost 2 yrs ago. My daily driver. :cheesy:

1991 Turbo convertible, Beryl Green. 93k. My wife's pampered and pristine "sunny day only" car.

1991 900S hatchback parts car. Runs great but was rear ended. I hate to part it out but don't have time for another project.

A neighbor in our 7 home subdivision put the municipal inspector on me; claimed I was running a car repair business out of the home. Inspector Brian stopped by and was a real nice fellow. He told me about the Porsche he is rebuilding as he admired my collection of C900s. We laughed together about how stupid some people are. But I think that my wife will leave if I bring home another Saab. :eek::roll::eek:

#26 ·
wow, I feel like I am not in the group because I just have one.....LOL

Its my 89 c900 with 109k 2 owner miles and original r12 functioning AC system. :)

And my other "project".... 67 corvair 4 door. 67k original miles.....poor car sat for 19 years before i got it.....now the fun starts

#28 ·
Only have four right now, down from about 8 or so in the past. Two are drivers, and two are parts cars.

Mine is an 88 900s (soon to be a turbo convert)
My dad's is an 85 900 turbo

91 900 parts car
85 900 turbo parts car

And at some point soon a 900 vert for my wife.

#32 ·
My count is only two at the moment. 1988T convertible and a 1992 900s convertible. I do have many that come to my place to be stripped. I like to buy $100 to $300 cars that have many good parts on them. I have fixed and sold a few. In the last year I have done 9.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.