SaabCentral Forums banner

What does your trunk look like?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Finch 93 
#1 ·
well today i opened my trunk and noticed the arms on both sides were different. never really noticed this before as i dont really look at them when i open the trunk. one had a black plastic cover over the arm and the other was exposed metal. are all 9-3s like this or someone in trollhattan forget to put one on the other side? i know this might sound like a useless question again but i am just trying to make sure i have everything covered before my first dealership visit this week.

#5 ·
And the answer is:

Missing Trunk Hinge Plastic Cover!

There is a body-colored plastic cover only on the left side trunk hinge, who's purpose is to supposedly cover wires, neaten the appearance & prevent wires from catching on items in the trunk. There is no cover on the right side (no wires).

To date no one has found a way of duplicating this cover for the right side.

Viscouse put this together and it is full of excellent info.
http://www.mrandmrs-g.net/saabfaq.htm#hinge

#9 ·
My Volvo 850 was made the same- one "arm" had the carpet like covering, the other was bare, painted the same color as the vehicle. I always thought one piece was missing, but upon seeing pics of other people's cars, it was just made that way- no idea why.

#10 ·
Why not make something for your car? In this case, neatly spray paint the right arm black.

I have made similar modifications to my car, like trimming a mat for the rear center hump. I also copied something I heard about in cardomain.com, which was to make a tray for the center compartment between the seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.