SaabCentral Forums banner

my "bob-bobbing" 92 vert

742 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  16saabs 
#1 ·
After just having my 92 LPT vert serviced, I took it for a long drive. I discovered that when i stop at the lights, with the gear either at "D" or "N", i can hear a "bob-bob-bob" sound( kind of like an old motor boat). when I press the aceerator and the sounds gone. After the drive, I stopped the car and try to locate the sound, but couldn't locate it.... anyone had this experience? is it because of the exhaust, ro something else... any advice will be appreciated... thanks

#2 · (Edited)
This is what a T16 sounds like; LPT or FPT ;) It goes "bob bob bob" at idle ... it just does that. Is it a problem, or just an unfamiliar sound? Is your idle okay? Not hunting or stalling?

I think it okay, mate ... enjoy the symphony :cool:

It's funny you mention a motor boat - my friends have all said that with the hood down, it both feels and sounds like being in a boat when the car starts to draw off :lol:

#4 ·
a friend of mine had a fpt and lived in london and he used to love sitting there, window down blipping his throttle, and hearing the burble coming from the exhaust, a similar sound to a v8 tick over, mine does'nt:confused: but some do, leave it alone it sounds luuuvvveeerrrlllyy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.