SaabCentral Forums banner

A strange cat back exhaust upgrade

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Johnken 
#1 ·
Well I took the plunge today and changed my exhuast cat-back.

Parts were from a brand new 2004 aero who immediately upgraded his exhuast to a hirsch cat back. Unfortunately for him, the center piping did not fit his 2004 model so he had to retain the stock center pipe.

As for my car, I bought over his aero's center resonator, and rear muffler, together with his 2.5" hircsh center pipe. Wielded it all together and waahlah....btw this was all done for a very nominal fee.... much less than Saab charges for just the rear sport muffler.

Haha and i don't even have a body kit to go along :oops:

Of course I kept my stock exhaust just in case!

So far so good. :cheesy:

See less See more
#6 ·
So far so good, the car seems more responsive but it might very well be all in the head!! :cheesy: To be realistic, I wouldn't say that there was a vast performance improvement ....
:cry:
Sound wise, very quiet, only a little louder than the stock setup. Actually I am buying this more for the look rather than expecting any huge bhp gains...

His Hirsch cat back was actually meant for a 2003 linear but he when he upgraded to a 2004 aero, there is some differences in the fuel tank configuration and therefore the middle center pipe.

#7 ·
Nice find!, I would say the sound won't be that much greater - the OEM end mufflers are very quiet, swapping that out will give you the greatest difference in sound (having been through a couple of exhausts and now with a cat-back, that's what I found anyway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.