SaabCentral Forums banner

kick down cable route

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sp53 
#1 ·
Hi all I put the auto box into my 93 9000 with TCS and I am have some concern on the routing off the kick down cable on the trans. The cable travels in an almost loop to the KDW and there is some confusion on the brackets on the bell housing and frame. Does anyone know where I can find or have a picture of the cable in its correct position?
steve

#2 · (Edited)
I have posted some pictures to try and explain what I mean. I have the tail end correct, but as the cable leaves the trans, I am not sure if it is routed correct the way I have it. There is a third removable bracket on the bell housing that looks like it should be used. All the information I can find is only for the 93 without the KDW.
Thanks steve

#3 ·
NOTE: Component identifier numbers used in the following illustrations relate to specific steps in the procedures below.

NOTE: This adjustment should be carried out before calibration.

1. From transmission number 174150- a modified kick-down cable has been installed, with the end protector removed and better lubrication.
    • Around the same time (from chassis number P1020737), the bracket for the Kickdown Cable Motor (KDW motor) was reinforced.
    • If this reinforced bracket is used on older cars the omega clip should NOT be installed.
  1. Push the KDW motor lever fully away from the outer cable adjusting clip.
  2. Check that the lever reaches the mechanical stop on the KDW motor at the same time as the cable reaches its mechanical stop in the transmission.
    • If OK: Proceed to point 5.
    • If not OK: Proceed to point 4.
  1. Detach the outer cable clip and move the outer cable to comply with point 3.
    • Then proceed to point 5.
  1. Check that the cable and its casing are straight.
    • If necessary, the cable casing.holder is bent so that the cable and cable casing are aligned.

#4 ·
Wow Chengy I am impressed, where did you find that? It even comes with instructions on how to set the cable. I am very grateful. You must have access to factory manuals. That settles that big issue about cable adjustment. I think I might have figured out the problem I was having with the cable on the other end as it leaves the trans case. Near as I can figure, the one cable clip I was concerned about fits the vehicles without the KDW and was on the Bell housing (perhaps this trans is not the original). Anyways, I say that because the bracket is on the other car I have without KDW and I cannot see how it could work on a KDW system. If I do this again, I am taking pictures.
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.